BIM and FM - Research meets Practice Workshop
The IFM led an «FM and BIM - Research and Practice Workshop» as part of the 2015 EFMC conference in Glasgow
The event was held at the prestigious Glasgow Riverside Museum jointly by ZHAW and the EuroFM Practice Network Group (PNG). Twenty academic researchers, FM practitioners and construction professionals came together to discuss how Building Information Modelling (BIM) will impact on FM.
The workshop was organised by Simon Ashworth from the ZHAW as part of a PhD project and Martin Bänninger (Eneco) from Switzerland with Ivor McCauley from Glasgow Life in Scotland who hosted the workshop at the Riverside Museum, one of a 168 buildings in the Glasgow Life property portfolio. There was good support from international FM professional bodies including:
- IFMA (Schweiz and US)
- Danish FM Network (DFM)
- Norwegian FM (NBEF) and STATSBYGG Associations
- British Institute of Facility Management (BIFM) Soft Landings group
Academics attended from ZHAW and the Netherlands Hanze University Groningen and were joined by FM and construction experts from:
- Switzerland: ISS, Halter AG, eneco, Auwiesen Immobilien AG, UniversitätsSpital Zürich
- Germany: BAM Deutschland AG
- UK: Mace Macro, Robertson Facility Management, FES FM, BAM UK and Glasgow Life.
The workshop included a presentation of the recent IFMA BIM and FM survey to benchmark the perception of BIM by FM and other stakeholders in Switzerland. The full workshop report can be found here(PDF 1,4 MB).