The call is supporting research projects concerned with biocatalysis, i.e. the chemical transformation catalyzed by one or multiple enzymes in any form, and platforms enabling the discovery, application and optimization of biocatalysts.
7 projects selected for funding!
Based on the recommendation of the Working Group the Scientific Committee selected seven research projects for funding.
The call is supporting projects concerned with biocatalysis, i.e. the chemical transformation catalyzed by one or multiple enzymes in any form, and platforms enabling the discovery, application and optimization of biocatalysts.
- Process design of biocatalytic reactions or enzyme production processes
- Improvement of enzyme scope, robustness and production cost
- Novel biocatalytic transformations (e.g. implementation of underexploited enzyme families, cascade reactions, improved cofactor recycling, enzyme repurposing)
- Generic chassis strain development
- Acceleration of biocatalytic route development (e.g. via bioretrosynthesis, HTS screening methods, smart enzyme library design)
- New applications in biocatalysis (e.g. biopolymers with new properties, functionalization of surfaces, cell free protein expression, diagnostics)
- one page summary of the research project including clear description of objectives pertinent to the call
- project description (5 pages) covering
- Current state of research and innovation in the fields
- Innovative potential of the proposed project beyond the state of art including potential applications in industrial biocatalysis and economic and/or societal impact
- Detailed project plan with goals, methodology, approach and outcomes
- Timeline, milestones and deliverables indicating complementary and expected synergies between collaborators (maximum 1 page)
- Budget (1 page)
- CV of the applicant(s) (maximum 1 page per applicant)
- Letter of support from an authorized signatory of host institute confirming 50:50 co-financing of the project by the hosting research institute.