Careers after bachelor's degree Energy and Environmental Engineering
A Bachelor degree in Energy and Environmental Engineering will open up a wide range of interesting professional assignments to you in industrial, service and power companies, as well as in consulting agencies and public administration.
Focus Renewable Thermal Energy Systems
The possible fields of application range from development and technical planning to repair and maintenance through to design and sales. Possible employers include, for example, planning agencies, power utilities or plant construction companies.
- Improvement and increase in the energy efficiency of products and processes such as in refrigeration and waste heat utilisation
- Planning and design of new energy-related systems in the areas of water and wind power and the use of thermal solar energy or geothermal energy
- Economic computations of investments in energy and environmental technology systems
Focus Renewable Electrical Energy Systems
The possible fields of application range from development and technical planning to repair and maintenance through to design and sales. Possible employers include, for example, planning agencies, power companies, plant construction companies or producers from the solar power industries.
- Improvement and increase of the energy efficiency of products and processes in the fields of electrical energy engineering such as for photovoltaics, power electronics or electrical networks
- Planning and design of energy-related systems with renewable energy sources such as photovoltaic power plants
- Economic computations of investments in energy and environmental engineering systems
Focus Environment and Sustainability
You will develop and design products, equipment and systems over the whole spectrum of services and energy flows and will be responsible for their start-up and maintenance. Possible employers include industry, SME, those from the CleanTech field or power utilities and public authorities.
- Development and implementation of projects for energy producers
- Development and implementation of projects of energy consumers
- Simulation and realisation of new energy and material flows
- Project management and consultation in industry, business and administration
- Sales and training
- Analysis of technological and political issues
Finding a job and salary expectations after graduating
Half our graduates found their first job within one month of graduating, and the majority found a job within three months.
An entry-level salary for engineers and architects is CHF 81,900. In different sectors this may vary, however, especially in the energy industry, where salaries are significantly higher. Graduates of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science can also expect a higher entry-level salary. Once graduates have been working for several years, their average annual salary will be approximately CHF 117,000. (Source: Saläre für Ingenieure und Architekten – Sonderbeilage Swiss Engineering).