Careers after bachelor's degree Mechanical Engineering
As a front runner of the Swiss export industry, mechanical engineering companies are among the most important employers and offer a wide range of job opportunities.
Engineers with a general degree in Mechanical Engineering can choose from a wide range of career opportunities upon completion of their studies. The skills previously mastered will enable you to take on responsible tasks within a very short time.
- You will develop and design innovative products or commission new systems.
- You will be responsible for the design of machines and processes as well as for manufacturing and production.
- Your tests, measurements and simulations will lead to new, efficient and energy-saving processes.
- You will support customers at a global level in solving their tasks and will sell complex technical products.
- As a project leader you will be in charge of management tasks.
Finding a job and salary expectations after graduating
Half our graduates found their first job within one month of graduating, and the majority found a job within three months.
An entry-level salary for engineers and architects is CHF 91,000. In different sectors this may vary, however, especially in the energy industry, where salaries are significantly higher. Graduates of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science can also expect a higher entry-level salary. Once graduates have been working for several years, their average annual salary will be approximately CHF 117,000. (Source: Saläre für Ingenieure und Architekten – Sonderbeilage Swiss Engineering).