Careers after bachelor's degree Mechanical Engineering
As a front runner of the Swiss export industry, mechanical engineering companies are among the most important employers and offer a wide range of job opportunities.
Engineers with a general degree in Mechanical Engineering can choose from a wide range of career opportunities upon completion of their studies. The skills previously mastered will enable you to take on responsible tasks within a very short time.
- You will develop and design innovative products or commission new systems.
- You will be responsible for the design of machines and processes as well as for manufacturing and production.
- Your tests, measurements and simulations will lead to new, efficient and energy-saving processes.
- You will support customers at a global level in solving their tasks and will sell complex technical products.
- As a project leader you will be in charge of management tasks.
Most graduates quickly find a suitable entry-level job. The median starting salary is CHF 85,000, with the chosen industry and specialization playing a crucial role. In 2022, the median annual salary for engineers, when extrapolated to 100% full-time equivalent, is CHF 119,000. (Source: Salaries for Engineers and Architects 2022/2023)