As a civil engineer, you are building the future. The buildings that you plan and realize will shape our living spaces.
Please note that this profile is taught in German mostly. For international students, a German language certificate of level C1 is required.
The MSE in Civil Engineering provides you with the relevant skills to take leadership positions in engineering, construction or administration. You are experts in various disciplines ranging from bridge construction, structural engineering through geotechnical engineering including tunnel and dam construction, railroad and road construction, river engineering and hydraulic engineering to the maintenance of existing structures, to sustainable and energy-efficient construction and natural hazards.
The MSE profile Civil Engineering includes the following content:
- Structural engineering
Details can be found in the profile description.
The Institute of Mechanical Systems (IMES) offers the MSE profile Civil Engineering.
With the MSE Civil Engineering you will be able to deal with the complex issues of current and future challenges in civil engineering, to manage demanding projects and to convey the results professionally.
- Baustatik (TSM_BauStat)
- Zustandserfassung von Bauwerken (TSM_Build)
- Naturgefahren (TSM_NatHaz)
- Werkstoffmechanik und Plastizitätstheorie (TSM_MatPla)
- Baudynamik und Erdbebeningenieurwesen (TSM_StrucEng)
- Applied statistics and data analysis (FTP_AppStat)
- Lebenszyklus-Management von Infrastrukturen (FTP_Life)
- Ordinary differential equations and dynamical system (FTP_OrdDiff)
- Partial differential equations in engineering applications (FTP_PartDiff)
- Unternehmensführung und Entrepreneurship (CM_Etrepr)
- Ethik und Unternehmensverantwortung (CM_Ethics)
- Privacy and Law (CM_PrivLaw)
In the Master's Degree programme you will deepen your expertise and expand your scientific method and management skills. Therefore, after completing your Master's Degree, you will be able to master large-scale planning tasks and demanding projects and take on the responsibility for entire processes.
Information events and application
Registrations for the autumn semester (starting in September) are possible from the beginning of February until the end of April. For the spring semester of the next year (starting in February) from the beginning of August until the end of October.