"Studying in the international profile also helps you navigate safely through cultural differences."
Nina Andersen, graduate industrial engineering, Business Intelligence Specialist at Canon Switzerland
During the first year of study, students of Aviation, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering and Engineering Management as well as part-time students of Aviation and Information Technology can enrol for the in-ternational profile of the ZHAW School of Engineering. They attend specific modules at the ZHAW School of Engineering in English, are issued with an internationally recognised level C1 English language certificate and complete either a semester abroad or a foreign industrial placement. Al-ternatively, they can write their Bachelor's thesis abroad.
- Full-time students of the study programmes Aviation, Electrical Engineering, Infor-mation Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Engineering Management and part-time students of IT and Aviation
- Good marks at first-year level
- At least intermediate level in the English assessment test of the ZHAW School of Engineering or proof of an internationally-recognised level B2 English certificate
- At least 20 ECTS of the regular course content are completed at the School of Engineering in English.
- Students complete a semester abroad, a foreign industrial placement (minimum of eight weeks) or they write their Bachelor's thesis abroad. For a Bachelor's thesis abroad, they must achieve at least 12 ECTS credits.
- They must successfully complete the mandatory module Intercultural Communication and Management.
- Students must act as a buddy for incoming students at least once on request.
- Students prove their language skills by successfully acquiring an internationally recognised level C1 English certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English or equivalent).
«I spent a semester abroad on the south coast of Norway, at Agder University in Grimstad. I particularly benefited from the exchange with foreign cultures as well as from group-oriented studies and I was able to develop myself linguistically, professionally, socially and personally. "
Jérôme Mathieu von Gunten. Graduate bachelor's degree Systems Engineering, master's student at ZHAW School of Engineering
Upon completion, students receive their diploma together with an English certificate (International Profile Certificate) listing all successfully completed performance assessments of the international profile.
Registration for the International Profile takes place during the first year of study. Students of the ZHAW School of Engineering can find the relevant information on the Intranet.
«The international profile got me perfectly prepared on the tasks in a multinational team. especially valuable was the Semester abroad at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) in the USA.»
Siro Fritzmann, Graduate of the International Profile, Data Analyst Hotelplan Management AG