Delete search term


Quick navigation

Main navigation

International profile

"Studying in the international profile also helps you navigate safely through cultural differences."

Nina Andersen, graduate industrial engineering, Business Intelligence Specialist at Canon Switzerland

During the first year of study, students of Aviation, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering and Engineering Management as well as part-time students of Aviation, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Management can enrol for the in-ternational profile of the ZHAW School of Engineering. They attend specific modules at the ZHAW School of Engineering in English, are issued with an internationally recognised level C1 English language certificate and complete either a semester abroad or a foreign industrial placement. Al-ternatively, they can write their Bachelor's thesis abroad.

Admission requirements


«I spent a semester abroad on the south coast of Norway, at Agder University in Grimstad. I particularly benefited from the exchange with foreign cultures as well as from group-oriented studies and I was able to develop myself linguistically, professionally, socially and personally. "

Jérôme Mathieu von Gunten. Graduate bachelor's degree Systems Engineering, master's student at ZHAW School of Engineering


Upon completion, students receive their diploma together with an English certificate (International Profile Certificate) listing all successfully completed performance assessments of the international profile.


Registration for the International Profile takes place during the first year of study. Students of the ZHAW School of Engineering can find the relevant information on the Intranet.

«The international profile got me perfectly prepared on the tasks in a multinational team. especially valuable was the Semester abroad at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) in the USA.»

Siro Fritzmann, Graduate of the International Profile, Data Analyst Hotelplan Management AG