With an MSE in Medical Engineering you will develop innovative solutions and products for the clinical sector in interdisciplinary teams.
The medical technology industry offers you an interdisciplinary field of work, composed of engineering and health sciences. With your skills in electrical engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, biology and medicine, you develop products that are mainly used in human medicine. Preferred fields of employment for graduates with a MSE Master's degree in Medical Engineering are senior positions in R&D and production with personnel and management responsibility.
The MSE Medical Engineering profile covers the following subject areas:
- Biomedical engineering
- Digital health systems
- Medical diagnostics and therapeutic systems
- Market access of medical devices
Applying for the MSE you chose an institute to study Medical Engineering. The institutes interpret the profiles individually.
Institute of Applied Mathematics and Physics (IAMP)
Institute of Computational Physics (ICP)
Institute of Mechanical Systems (IMES)
Institute of Mechatronic Systems (IMS)
The MSE profile Medical Engineering aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills to conduct design studies and development projects for products, instruments and systems, and then to lead them to certification. This includes that you are familiar with the regulatory requirements for the approval of medical devices. You are able to recognise and analyse multidisciplinary problems and develop engineering solutions on your own.
- Biomedical engineering (TSM_BioMedEng)
- Digital health systems (TSM_DigHealth)
- Medical diagnostics & devices (TSM_MedDD)
- Medical device market access (TSM_MedDMA)
- Applied statistics and data analysis (FTP_AppStat)
- Optimization (FTP_Optimiz)
- Physics on micro and nano scale
- Machine Learning
- Ethik und Unternehmensverantwortung (CM_Ethics)
- Quality and risk management (CM_QRM)
- Sustainable development
With the MSE you develop advanced competencies to solve complex interdisciplinary problems and develop technical solutions specific to the medical field. You have gained specialist knowledge and skills by carrying out in-depth applied research projects.