Pilatus PC-12 NGX performance and stall characteristics
The Centre for Aviation (ZAV) of the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW) supported Pilatus Aircraft with the certification of the new PC-12 NGX model.
The work concerned field and flight performance, stalling speed and stall characteristics of the new model with the new PT6E-67XP turbine with normal and reduced propeller speed (Quiet Mode). The Aerodynamics Team led by Prof. Manfriani analysed flight test data, tuned performance models, generated data tables and compiled the corresponding engineering reports. The project could be completed on time and with full satisfaction of the customer.
At a glance
- Institutes and centres involved: Centre for Aviation (ZAV)
- Project management: Prof. Leonardo Manfriani
- Project team: Prof. Leonardo Manfriani, Michael Ammann, Xinying Liu, Marina Vannelli
- Project partner: Pilatus Flugzeugwerke AG
- Project financing: Pilatus Flugzeugwerke AG
- Additional Information: Pilatus PC-12