The ongoing digitalisation demands well-trained specialists. With the MSE in Computer Science you can actively shape this development.
Professional career outline
The Swiss ICT sector offers employment for more than 210’000 people in areas such as Software Engineering and Technology, Information and Communications Systems, Cybersecurity and Advanced User Interfaces. The ongoing digitalisation demands for qualified professionals. With the MSE you are fit for positions in research and development as well as technical management. You will find employers in the service and production industry or organisations in the private and public sector.s.
In Computer Science you will acquire deepened knowledge and skills in one of these areas:
- Software engineering and technology
- Communication systems
- Distributed information systems
- Advanced user interfaces
- Embedded computing
Details can be found in the profile description.
Institutes and centres
Applying for the MSE you chose an institute to study Computer Science. The institutes interpret the profiles individually.
Institute of Applied Information Technology (InIT)
Institute of Applied Mathematics and Physics (IAMP)
Institute of Computational Physics (ICP)
Institute of Embedded Systems (InES)
Institute of Signal Processing and Wireless Communications (ISC)
With the MSE in Computer Science you acquire in-depth knowledge and skills in research and development, planning, specification and conception of innovative ICT systems and architectures. With focus on the users and the necessary security and regulatory aspects, you develop these systems and integrate them into heterogeneous IT landscapes. Applying and developing tools for data analysis and management, simulation and modelling efficiently and adequately is an easy task for you. You solve complex problems by skillfully using various methods of data analysis and decision making. Besides the technical skills, the MSE equips you with suitable management competences to be able to lead development teams in a productive way and to take the responsibility of managing IT infrastructures.
Technical Scientific Specialisation (TSM):
- Advanced programming paradigms (TSM_AdvPrPa)
- IT-security (TSM_ITSec)
- Parallel and distributed computing (TSM_ProgAlg)
- Software engineering and architectures (TSM_SoftwEng)
- Advanced user interfaces (TM_UseInf)
- Wireless communications (TSM_WireCom)
- Cloud computing (TSM_ClComp)
- Mobile computing (TSM_MobCom)
Fundamental Theoretical Principles (FTP):
- Optimization (FTP_Optimiz)
- Stochastic modelling (FTP_StochMod)
- Theoretical computer science (FTP_TheoComp)
Context Modules (CM):
- Unternehmensführung und Entrepreneurship (CM_Etrepr)
- Ethik und Unternehmensverantwortung (CM_Ethics)
- Privacy and Law (CM_PrivLaw)
Differentiation to bachelor level
Compared to the BSc, the MSE will elevate your theoretical and conceptual foundation in Computer Science in general and deepen your knowledge and skills. You can abstract a problem situation in a way to find and realize efficient, sustainable and innovative solutions for the underlying problem. You apply research results in your field and integrate them into innovative solutions.
Information events and application
- no information events
- Applications for the autumn semester 2020 are still possible in exceptional cases. Please contact our administrative office at email@example.com