The ZHAW at a glance
The ZHAW is one of the leading universities of applied sciences in Switzerland. Here you will find an overview of the most important facts and figures.
3 locations (Winterthur, Zurich, Wädenswil)
19 Master’s degree programmes
33 Bachelor’s degree programmes
550 million Swiss francs (cost volume)
(Figures from the 2022 Annual Report)
The Executive Board is responsible for the operational management of the ZHAW. It consists of the President, the Managing Director and the Deans of the eight Schools. The President heads the University, chairs the Executive Board, and represents the ZHAW externally. To ensure that the University is run on uniform principles and to encourage cooperation, individual members of the Board are also responsible for trans-departmental affairs.
- Prof. Dr. Oya Atalay Franck, Dean, School of Architecture, Design and Civil Engineering
- Prof Dr. Andreas Gerber-Grote, Dean, School of Health Sciences, Head of Research & Development
- Prof. Dr. Urs Hilber, Dean, School of Life Sciences and Facility Management
- Prof. Dr. Daniel Perrin, Dean, School of Applied Linguistics, Head of International Affairs
- Prof. Dr. Jean-Marc Piveteau, President
- Reto Schnellmann, Managing Director
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Steinebach, Dean, School of Applied Psychology
- Prof. Dr. Reto Steiner, Dean, School of Management and Law, Head of Academic Affairs
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Wilhelm, Dean, School of Engineering
- Prof. Dr. Frank Wittmann, Dean, School of Social Work
University Strategy 2015–2025
Knowledge-based and competence-oriented: ZHAW graduates develop reflective, professional, research and practice-based competences to enable them to work in challenging professional fields in a knowledge-based society.
Transformative: The ZHAW accepts shared responsibility for the cultural, ecological, economic, legal, social and technical sustainability of our society.
European: The ZHAW is integrated in the region but also cooperates with international partners; the University concentrates on global challenges and markets, with a particular focus on Europe.