Careers after bachelor's degree Electrical Engineering
As an electrical engineer you are not only in demand in the electronics, communications and power engineering industries; electrical engineering plays a vital role in almost all technical products and services.
A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering will open up a vast number of interesting career opportunities to you:
- Development and implementation of information technology projects
- Development and design of products, equipment and systems
- Start-up, operation and maintenance of products, equipment and systems
- Simulation and realisation of circuitry, systems and processes
- Project management in industry and business
- Consultation and training in industry and business
Most graduates will find a suitable career start very quickly. The median starting salary is CHF 85,000.The chosen industry and specialty play an important role. Overall, the salary spectrum for engineers ranges between CHF 92,000 and 145,000 per year, depending on the industry, the area of activity, the hierarchy level and age. (Source: salaries for engineers and architects, special supplement Swiss Engineering, Sept. 2020).