MSE Study at the Institute of applied Information Technology (InIT)
The Institute for applied Information Technology (InIT) offers 30-40 master study places for the Master of Science in Engineering (MSE). You can study at InIT in the profiles "Computer Science", "Data Science" and from autumn semester 24 also in the profile "Information and Cyber Security".
Two thirds of your MSE study will take place at our institute. Here you will work on our research and development projects in your specialization area in collaboration with industrial partners. Furthermore, you can participate in the specialized supplementary modules offered by our institute below. You can study the MSE fulltime or part-time. For part-time students we offer the possibility to work at our institute as research assistants.
Individual specialization is possible in all five research groups of InIT:
- Distributed Systems: Cloud Computing, Cyber-Physical Applications
- Human-Centered Computing: Mobile Computing, ICT-Accessibility
- Information Security: Software Security, Cyber Attacks and Defense
- Intelligent Information Systems: Big Data and Nano Data, Data Understanding
- Software Engineering: Automated Software Generation, Automation for the Software Development Life Cycle
As a Master’s student at our institute, you can benefit from specialized supplementary modules (EVAs) that we have developed specifically for our MSE students. These modules allow you to deepen your knowledge in your specialization area:
- Information Security Seminar(PDF 75,4 KB) (3 ECTS)
- Future Networks and Security(PDF 93,7 KB) (3 ECTS)
- Mobile User Experience Design(PDF 97,7 KB) (3 ECTS)
- DevOps Testing for Cyber-physical Systems(PDF 75,6 KB) (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Software Production Seminar(PDF 107,6 KB) (3 ECTS)
- Computer Systems Performance Evaluation(PDF 55,3 KB) (3 ECTS)
Information events and application
Registrations for the autumn semester (starting in September) are possible from the beginning of February until the end of April. For the spring semester of the next year (starting in February) from the beginning of August until the end of October.
The InIT offers a wide range of topics for master theses in the different research groups. This are some examples:
The Android Open Source Project (AOSP) is probably the most used and customized operating system for smartphones and IoT devices worldwide. Its market share and high adaptability makes Android an interesting operating system for many developers.
Please find below some examples of our industrial partners, at which the students can write their master theses.