Borrowing - Ordering
Find out more about borrowing, ordering, collecting, renewing and returning items within the extensive swisscovery network.
«Thanks to the library's well-networked and interconnected operations, those of us in smaller locations can also benefit from its full range of services.»
Dr. Lukas Neutsch, lecturer
Library customers must have a SWITCH edu-ID account to use the swisscovery services.
- If you do not yet have a SWITCH edu-ID account, you can create one during registration.
- We recommend that you enter the barcode of your current library ID card. If you do not have a library card yet, you can get one at the information desk of your library.
- ZHAW members must have linked their SWITCH edu-ID account to their university affiliation in order to take full advantage of the services of the ZHAW University Library.
- For help with the registration, please see the SLSP Help Page.
After you register with SLSP, you can use your SWITCH edu-ID account for all SLSP libraries.
The majority of the items in the ZHAW holding are freely accessible and, with the exception of the non-circulating items (Präsenzbestand), borrowable.
With SLSP courier it is possible for you to have books delivered from one library to another within 48 hours for a fee of CHF 6 per ordered document. These fees are waived for ZHAW staff and students with appropriate proof.
You can find out which libraries are participating in SLSP courier during the ordering process.
In addition to print media, the University Library has licensed a large holding of electronic media. Please note that if you wish to use e-media off campus, you must connect to the ZHAW network via VPN.
As soon as the items you have requested have arrived at your collection location, you will be notified by email.
One-time collection by third parties
You can have your media collected by third parties at all locations of the University Library. For a one-time authorisation, send the collection invitation with details of the person collecting to the respective location (contact information at the bottom of this page).
Regular collection by third parties
As a ZHAW staff member, you can have your media collected regularly by a defined third party. To do so, issue the following collection authorisation.
Loan periods can vary depending on the type of resource and the library it is held by.
The standard loan period is 28 days. The documents are automatically renewed up to 5 times in the user account. On condition that they have not been reserved by another person. For documents that were still borrowed in NEBIS, the renewal option will be deactivated by the end of December 2020.
- Expand your search in ZHAW swisscovery to «Swisscovery».
- Find out about search techniques or reference service.
- Make an acquisition proposal (in German).
- Submit a request for an interlibrary loan. Interlibrary loans are subject to charges. For ZHAW employees, these costs are covered by the university library.