Fortified condiments - Evidence of Effectiveness
a literature review
Auf einen Blick
- Projektleiter/in : Sascha Hess
- Projektteam : Prof. Dr. Klaus Eichler, Linda Tecklenburg
- Projektvolumen : CHF 79'164
- Projektstatus : abgeschlossen
- Drittmittelgeber : Dritte (Nestlé Nestec Ltd.)
- Kontaktperson : Klaus Eichler
Micronutrient (MN) deficiencies imply a considerable burden of disease for many middle and low income countries, resulting for example in reduced growth, high anemia preva-lence or increased infection rates. Several Systematic Reviews exist, that have assessed the consequences of fortification for different target populations and different nutrient carriers. However, the consequences of fortified condiments as well as of fortified noodles, are less well described. Thus we collect and analyse the existing evidence about the effectiveness of fortified condiments and fortified noodles, in micronutrient deficient adolescents and adults from 5 to 50 years of age.
Hess, Sascha; Tecklenburg, Linda; Eichler, Klaus,
8(2), S. 1-15.
Verfügbar unter: https://doi.org/10.3390/nu8020088