Geography of Food Research Group
Sustainability transformation in agriculture and food systems
Our food system is facing major challenges that require fundamental transformations on the production and consumption side. With our work, we want to help shape the food system of the future locally and globally and strengthen resilience, sustainability and diversity in the system. As an interdisciplinary team, we combine natural and social science perspectives. We research and develop possible solutions from farm to fork.
Our competencies in the food system include:
- Qualitative and quantitative social research on sustainability assessment and systems analysis.
- Concept development for sustainability transformation at the individual and societal level
- Participatory methods for developing and evaluating transformative processes
- Spatial suitability analyses for sustainable production systems and niche cultures
- Foresight studies and scenario development
- Value chain mapping, analysis and design
- Awareness raising and education through scientainment and gamification
Agriculture and Climate Change
Assessment and development of agro-ecological approaches for climate protection and adaptation to climate change
Examples of projects: CONSUS, International Virtual Course
The Geography of Food Research Group is interdisciplinary and international. Below you will find a list of the current partners.