Horticulture Research Group
The ZHAW Horticulture Research Group is engaged in research and development activities related to fruit, vegetable and ornamental plant production, renewable resources and viticulture. Resource conservation, high culinary value, authentic produce and innovative cultivation systems are at the heart of our work.
Close proximity to the real world and an extensive research and consulting network characterise the Research Group's projects and services. Among others, current projects include: peat-reduced growing media, horticultural genetic resources conservation (old or special varieties and types), agroforestry systems, pesticide reduction in the cultivation of ornamental plants and vegetable farming and agrophotovoltaics.
- Crop production system design
- Peat replacement strategies for growing media
- Concepts for improving soil fertility
- Development projects to conserve agrobiodiversity
- Transfer of horticultural expertise to educational contexts
- Expertise in running research and service projects