Recirculating aquaculture systems
To maintain good water quality within and after the fish production systems, we investigate different technologies for water treatment, energy optimization and simplification of operations in our research facilities. We use this knowledge in project development for the production of established and new fish and crayfish species to find site-specific solutions for economically and ecologically sustainable production with species-appropriate husbandry.
- Project support from feasibility studies, planning support to commissioning and guidance during the first years of operation.
- Solution of interdisciplinary problems concerning water treatment, energy and production processes.
- Expertise in the handling of wastewater from fish farms (concepts, approval procedures, contacts with authorities, remediation, etc.).
- Establishment of new species in aquaculture
- Monitoring of fish welfare
- Success control of stocking measures in lakes and watercourses
- Education and training as well as work integration
- Development cooperation (focus Africa/Asia: Cambodia, Mongolia, Tanzania, Kenya, Tunisia)
- Development of technical methods and processes for recirculation, flow and pond systems
- Data acquisition (mobile measurement analysis), data analysis and system analysis for economic and resource-focused operation optimization
- Wastewater, water and sludge characterization in the laboratory (IC, NIRS, BOD5, photometry, etc.)