Master of Science in Preneurship for Regenerative Food Systems
Initiate, develop and implement innovative business models as a preneur for sustainable and regenerative food systems.
Our society is facing major challenges from an economic, ecological and social perspective - global warming, loss of biodiversity, hunger, climate extremes, and many more. A linear view of the food system as a value chain is no longer sufficient due to its high complexity. We need entrepreneurs and pioneers to take action who understand the food system as a value network and who can connect the necessary disciplines and stakeholders.
The new MSc study programme trains you to become a professional with competences in the design of sustainable and regenerative food and nutrition systems. By jointly initiating, developing and implementing transformative and innovative business models, you will develop the relevant skills for future-oriented food systems.
Get inspired by our newest podcast episode about the importance of regenerative food systems by the Future Food experts and PREFS lecturers Denise Loga and Lukas Dillinger. Not only do they provide excellent insights into the study programme, they also introduce a brand new module: 360° food system experience, in which the students will dive into a real case study of a regenerative food system located in the picturesque Austrian region of Vorarlberg. Enjoy!
«The industry needs this education programme to meet the global challenges of food value creation. Understanding the entire value chain is extremely valuable for all companies.»
Patrick Camele, CEO of the SV Group
- have a passion and enthusiasm for topics such as sustainability, the food system, system change, alternative economic systems, problem solving and digital transformation;
- want to take responsibility for entrepreneurial projects as an intrapreneur, for social initiatives as a commonpreneur or for their own company as an entrepreneur;
- wish to lead as pioneers, make a difference and proactively drive and implement systemic change;
- want to work together in teams to create and implement innovative projects;
- want to develop their skills in linking and connecting diverse disciplines to create strategic solutions (interdisciplinarity and transdisciplinarity), and
- approach challenges creatively, courageously, and with curiosity.
Your interests & background
You are passionate about topics such as: sustainable food and nutrition systems, food production and food industry, regenerative agriculture, circular economy, supply chain transparency, digital transformation and digitalisation, sustainable value chains, understanding of systems and system change, entrepreneurship, intrapreneurship, leadership, business processes, business management, business creation and start-up foundation, innovation management and business innovation, product development, nutrition, health, gastronomy, sustainable tourism, society, diversity, interdisciplinarity, conflict and crisis management, personal development, consulting, interface functions, and creativity
You hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree in any of the following fields: business administration and economics, food and beverage science, food science, food technology, nutrition, food sciences, environment, environmental science, environmental engineering, agricultural science, biotechnology, hospitality management or facility management. Graduates with a bachelor's degree from other disciplines may also apply and may be admitted through an extended process.
Establish your own start-up as an entrepreneur, implement sustainable innovations in a food company as an intrapreneur, or drive social change processes as a commonpreneur - with this Master's programme, you will become a preneur for regenerative food systems.
«The main strength of theses graduates is the ability to create something new and to realise their full potential, whether within a company or as an entrepreneur. The graduates possess good network thinking abilities and can act as a link between business administration and food technology.»
Sandro Kündig, Managing Director of the Kündig Group
- Sustainability - Entrepreneurship - Food: this forward-thinking Master's programme combines the designing of sustainable food systems with entrepreneurial skills for increased regenerative capacity.
- Preneurship: as a commonpreneur, entrepreneur, or intrapreneur, you consider today's economic system and lead innovation processes in a new light.
- Individualized studies: with our innovative educational concept and open curriculum, you decide on your own study journey and have autonomy over how to further develop your skills
- Teamwork: you learn both with and from your fellow students in collaborative settings and benefit from the complementary skills of your team members.
«The term "regenerative" signifies focussing on the entire system. Through this Master’s programme, we empower people to rethink systems at the point where business, food value creation and sustainability intersect. They further develop as individuals, learn to appreciate skills within teams, and implement ideas effectively.»
- drive forward the networking of people to solve global challenges.
- know the challenges of the food industry and its potential for sustainable and regenerative development.
- know the most important technologies and processes of the food industry.
- develop science-based and practice-oriented solutions and are able to implement these in a business context.
- have a holistic understanding of the agro food industry and proactively contribute to its transformation.
- develop business models which have social impact and know the basics of business management and founding of start-up's.
- know your own strengths and weaknesses, you work in a self-organized and reflective manner. You are trained to think both critically and systemically.
- develop practical projects in an interdisciplinary team together with different organisations and will know how to implement such projects.