CAS Corporate Responsibility
The Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Corporate Responsibility provides participants with the tools they need to embed corporate responsibility (CR) and sustainability management as a strategic goal and thereby contribute to the success of a company. Specialists teach the content of this program with a balanced mix of current concepts and instruments as well as practical examples.
At a glance
Certificate of Advanced Studies in Corporate Responsibility (12 ECTS)
Comment on costs:
The program fee includes detailed documentation and thesis supervision.
Classes take place on the ZHAW School of Management and Law campus in Winterthur. Our buildings are situated in the heart of Winterthur (close to the train station) and can be comfortably reached from Zurich with the S12 rail service in just 20 minutes.
Language of instruction:
Arrange an individual consultation today using our online contact form.
"The program helped me to understand the CR concept in theory and practice better. I now feel more confident in steering, arguing, and solving the challenges I face in my day-to-day work."
Simone Durrer-Merkle, Project Manager for Sustainability, HUG AG (Graduate 2017)
Objectives and content
Company representatives and individuals in administrations, associations, foundations, and non-governmental or non-profit organizations who want to act as competent CR points of contact.
Sustainability and CR encompass a range of tasks within a company. Selected functions such as procurement, communication, employee management, compliance, and product development are involved, but often require higher-level coordination or a specialist unit.
To fulfill these tasks competently, specific skills are required. These include:
- Development of CR strategies for companies
- Introduction and application of CR management approaches
- Integration of CR into corporate functions such as procurement, employee management, accounting, and controlling & reporting
- Credible CR communication to the market and the public
- Development of a corporate culture towards sustainability and initiation of change processes
- Planning and implementation of CR projects with internal and external partners
- Review and evaluation of companies concerning sustainability
In addition to these skills, the program conveys a comprehensive understanding of CR as an integrated, strategic, and systematic approach that simultaneously offers benefits for the company and society as a whole ("shared value").
The program is also an ideal preparation for individuals who want to act as competent CR contacts in administrations, associations, foundations, and non-governmental or non-profit organizations.
"During the program, I have learned how to develop, implement, and sustain an effective sustainability strategy in a company and how to communicate it to the right stakeholders on a long-term basis."
Patricia Röösli, Head of Environment and Social Affairs, Swiss Travel Association (Graduate 2019)
The program consists of seven intensive seminars with a total of 14 attendance days between September and December.
Each intensive seminar includes guided preparatory and follow-up work.
The program concludes with a practically oriented thesis in two parts. Ideally, the participants bring the topic from their own organization or their personal environment.
The application-oriented approach comprises a wide range of teaching and learning methods:
- Presentations and teaching seminars
- Practical exercises and case studies
- Group work
- Self-study (preparation and follow-up)
- Elements of e-learning
- An independent, practical thesis
More details about the implementation
On this part-time program, classes are held over seven double days on Fridays and Saturdays from 8.45 a.m. - 4.45 p.m.
"I found the active discussions in class extremely exciting and inspiring – especially due to the different professional and technical backgrounds of the participants."
Nadja Hauser, Communications and Social Media Manager, swisscleantech (Graduate 2020)
Enquiries and contact
The CAS in Corporate Responsibility is a program offered by the Center for Corporate Responsibility, which is based within the Department of International Business of the ZHAW School of Management and Law.
- Department International Business
- International Management Institute
Offered in cooperation with
Applicants must have either a university degree or corresponding professional qualification (admission on merit).
Transfer of Credits
CAS in Corporate Responsibility credits can (in part) be credited towards various higher continuing education programs and are currently available for the following MAS programs in consultation with the head of program:
- MAS Communication Management and Leadership der ZHAW Departement Angewandte Linguistik
- MAS Compliance der ZHAW School of Management and Law
- MAS Human Capital Management der ZHAW School of Management and Law
- MAS Supply Chain & Operations Management der ZHAW School of Management and Law
- MAS Marketing Management der ZHAW School of Management and Law
Please note that the admission requirements of this and any other MAS degree program must be fulfilled for credit to be transferred.
|Start||Application deadline||Registration link|