MSc in Business Administration – Major Marketing
Marketing is easy: All you need to do is sell your merchandise to customers more effectively than your competitors. To be able to this, however, requires specialist knowledge, entrepreneurial thinking, and leadership skills. This MSc program in Marketing will enable you to recognize risks and opportunities, develop innovative strategies, and learn to actively participate in making change happen.
At a Glance
Title: Master of Science (MSc) in Business Administration with a Specialization in Marketing
Start of New Program: Mid-September
Workload: 90 ECTS credits (corresponding to approx. 2,700 hours of study)
Duration: 4 semesters (while enrolled in the program, students can hold a part-time job or do family work not exceeding a workload of 50%)
Semester Fee: CHF 720.-
Admission Requirements: Admission Procedure
Language of instruction: German/English
Accreditation: AACSB, FIBAA
What You Will Learn
When you graduate, you will know the approaches of strategic marketing and will have learnt to develop customer benefits and values. You will be familiar with criteria and procedures of customer segmentation and will have methods at your disposal to measure customer behaviour. You will be able to design and implement customer relationship management concepts along the entire customer lifecycle. It will enable you to will analyze and solve complex tasks using an integrated brand management approach, and you will know how to integrate the new media into strategic communication concepts.
Your Career Prospects
- Product management
- Market research, marketing
- Customer relations management
- Key account management
- Service quality management
- Sales und after-sales management
- Jobs in communication
- Project management
- Staff responsibilities
- Executive management
All areas of the private sector, in particular:
- Consumer goods, industrial goods, and services (banks, insurance companies, commercial enterprises)
- Site marketing
- Social and cultural organizations
- Public administration
Program Structure and Admission
As Flexible as You
The program takes four semesters to complete and will allow you to hold a part-time position of up to 50%. Classroom instruction takes place all day on Mondays and Tuesdays. In addition to consolidating your specialist knowledge of marketing, you will further develop your management skills and will acquire new knowledge as you working in research projects. A semester of study abroad will enable you to develop an international network, advance your knowledge of foreign languages, and experience the discipline of marketing from a new perspective.
What You Need to Qualify
Decisions on the admission of students are taken by the head of the program and are based on an admission procedure. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration from a recognized university or university of applied sciences (worth at least 180 ECTS credits) or an equivalent university qualification in a related discipline.
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of the foundations of marketing worth at least 8 ECTS credits; may be provided at a later stage
- Language proficiency: The languages of instruction are German and English. Students need to provide evidence that they are able to participate in class, understand the materials, and complete written assignments in both languages. For students whose native language is either German or English, the minimum requirement is a C1 (CEFR) level in the other language. For students whose native language is neither German nor English, the minimum requirement is a C1 (CEFR) level in both languages. A recognized level C1 certificate must be provided before the start of the program.
- A high level of motivation and achievement potential
- A positive result of the aptitude assessment.