MSc in Business Administration – Major in Marketing
"Our Master's program prepares you in the best way possible for a career in marketing and general management. Its high practical relevance provides a sustainable foundation for applying the knowledge acquired."
Dr. Liane Nagengast, Head of Degree Program
Businesses continue to be faced with increasing demands. Our Master’s degree program in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing enables you to prepare for just these challenges. It paves the way for you to take on demanding management and leadership responsibilities related to marketing and general management.
Learn how to develop innovative strategies and implement them successfully, ensure the viability of products and services, and communicate effectively in an increasingly digitalized world.
At a Glance
Title: Master of Science (MSc) ZHAW in Business Administration with a Specialization in Marketing
Start of New Program: Mid-September
Registration deadline: 30 May 2023 - apply now
Workload: 90 ECTS credits (corresponding to approx. 2,700 hours of study)
Duration: 4 semesters (classes are held two days per week) or 6 semesters (classes are held one or one and a half days per week). Students can combine study with part-time work or family responsibilities not exceeding 50% or 70%.
Semester Fee: CHF 720.-
Admission Requirements: Admission Procedure
Language of instruction: Mostly German; English in the third (or fifth) semester
Studying abroad: Students can do a semester abroad in their third (or fifth) semester at one of our numerous partner universities.
Accreditation: AACSB, FIBAA
The curriculum of this Master’s program carefully balances a broad understanding of complex business processes, marketing know-how, and knowledge involving digitalization. It is rounded out by an attractive range of elective modules that allow you to add an individual focus to your studies.
The program offers the following electives:
- Digital Marketing and Online PR,
- Mobile Marketing and Online Advertising,
- Service Excellence and Agile Marketing,
- Business Development & Sales Management,
- Design Thinking
- Consumer Behavior – Current Trends
- Digital Marketing for Start-Ups,
- Content Marketing,
- Marketing Technology,
- Automation and Artificial Intelligence in Marketing
Our electives also include an opportunity to take part in a study trip or a summer school program at one of our international partner universities.
This Master’s degree program is a high-level course of study that can be combined with part-time work. You benefit from an immediate transfer of knowledge and can start, or continue, your career development while enrolled in the program.
You can choose between our four-semester or our six-semester course of study. In the case of four semesters, you will have classes two days per week, in the six-semester option, classes are held on one or one and a half days per week. You can combine study with part-time work or family responsibilities of up to 50% or 70%.
By doing a semester abroad, you will be able to build an international network, further improve your foreign language skills, and experience the study program from a different perspective. You have the opportunity to spend a semester abroad in the third (or fifth) semester of the Master's program at one of our numerous partner universities.
"Do you have any questions concerning the Master in Business Administration – Major Marketing, the ZHAW Library, sports and leisure activities, or life in Winterthur and Zurich? Please contact me."
Michèle Bétrisey, Student, MSc in Business Administration – Major Marketing
This degree will enable you to perform key functions in the marketing and general management of companies in all industries – in Switzerland and internationally – and work in the following areas:
- General Management: e.g., strategic management, project management, and business development
- Marketing: e.g., product management, customer relationship management, key account management, service quality management, and sales and after-sales management
Decisions on the admission of students are taken by the head of the program and are based on an admission procedure. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university (of applied sciences) in business administration or economics (at least 180 ECTS credits) or an equivalent university degree in a related field of study*.
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of the foundations of marketing worth at least 8 ECTS credits; may be provided at a later stage*.
- The ability to follow German and English lectures at university level and use teaching materials in both languages (guideline: C1 level, CEFRL).
- A high level of motivation and achievement potential.
- A positive result of the aptitude assessment.
* If the required entrance competencies are not all available at the beginning of the study program or if the Bachelor's degree was obtained in a related field of study, the applicant may be admitted in individual cases under the condition of subsequent qualification.
You can ask the head of the degree program to confirm in advance, without obligation, whether you meet these admission requirements.
This program has been awarded the quality seal by the Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) for its quality in study and teaching.
The detailed assessment and further information about the accreditations of the ZHAW School of Management and Law can be found here.