MSc in Business Administration – Major Marketing
"Online marketing strategies and the development of digital business models are integral parts of our degree program which are applied in practical projects with companies."
Prof. Dr. Gunther Kucza, Head of Degree Program
Marketing is easy: All you need to do is sell your merchandise to customers more effectively than your competitors. To be able to this, however, requires specialist knowledge, entrepreneurial thinking, and leadership skills. This MSc program in Marketing will enable you to recognize risks and opportunities, develop innovative strategies, and learn to actively participate in making change happen.
At a Glance
Title: Master of Science (MSc) in Business Administration with a Specialization in Marketing
Start of New Program: Mid-September
Workload: 90 ECTS credits (corresponding to approx. 2,700 hours of study)
Duration: 4 semesters (while enrolled in the program, students can hold a part-time job or do family work not exceeding a workload of 50%)
Semester Fee: CHF 720.-
Admission Requirements: Admission Procedure
Language of instruction: German/English
Accreditation: AACSB, FIBAA
"When recruiting, we found that Master's students have a significantly higher level of problem-solving skills."
Flooris van der Walt, Head of Group Talent Management, OC Oerlikon Management AG
What You Will Learn
By the time you graduate, you will be familiar with the approaches of strategic marketing and will have learnt to develop customer benefits and values. You will be familiar with criteria and procedures of customer segmentation and will have methods at your disposal to measure customer behavior. You will be able to design and implement customer relationship management concepts along the entire customer lifecycle. This will enable you to analyze and solve complex tasks using an integrated brand management approach, and you will know how to integrate the new media into strategic communication concepts.
Our flexible mode of study also offers you the opportunity to choose from the following electives and thus determine your own special focus:
- Digital Marketing and Online PR
- Mobile Marketing and Online Advertising
- Service Excellence and Agile Marketing
- Business Development (& Sales)
- Design Thinking
- Consumer Behavior – Current Trends
- Digital Marketing for Product Launches or Start-Ups
- Content Marketing
- Marketing Technology
- Automation and Artificial Intelligence in Marketing
Our electives also include an opportunity to take part in a study trip or a summer school program at one of our international partner universities.
Ask a Student
"If you have any questions about the Master of Science in Business Administration - Major Marketing, the university library, the sports and leisure facilities, or student life in Winterthur and Zurich, then you can contact me."
Lea Grob, Student, MSc in Business Administration – Major Marketing
Your Career Prospects
- Product management
- Market research, marketing
- Customer relations management
- Key account management
- Service quality management
- Sales und after-sales management
- Jobs in communication
- Project management
- Staff responsibilities
- Executive management
All areas of the private sector, in particular:
- Consumer goods, industrial goods, and services (banks, insurance companies, commercial enterprises)
- Site marketing
- Social and cultural organizations
- Public administration
Program Structure and Admission
As Flexible as You
This degree program will enable you work part-time (with approx. 50 percent FTE). Alternatively, you can complete the course of study as a six-semester program, which would enable you to have a part-time job with up to 70 percent FTE). Classes take place on Monday and Tuesday. In addition to deepening your marketing knowledge, you will develop your management skills and gain new knowledge in research projects. A semester abroad will enable you to build up an international network, deepen your knowledge of foreign languages, and experience the subject area from a different perspective.
"From the very beginning, projects with companies, company visits, and guest lectures have created a strong link to practical application."
Eldina Ramadani, Student, MSc in Business Administration – Major Marketing
What You Need to Qualify
Decisions on the admission of students are taken by the head of the program and are based on an admission procedure. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration from a recognized university or university of applied sciences (worth at least 180 ECTS credits) or an equivalent university qualification in a related discipline.
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of the foundations of marketing worth at least 8 ECTS credits; may be provided at a later stage
- Language skills: Oral and written command of English and German at Level C1 (European Language Framework)
- A high level of motivation and achievement potential
- A positive result of the aptitude assessment.