Bachelor’s Degree Programs at the ZHAW School of Management and Law
The Bachelor’s degree programs offered at the ZHAW School of Management and Law (SML) provide students with current, practically relevant foundation knowledge of business and law. At the same time, you will specialize in the field of study of your choice, which will optimize your career prospects.
A Bachelor’s degree program (Bachelor of Science, BSc) at the ZHAW School of Management and Law (SML) provides modern specialist knowledge geared to the needs of the business world. While it has a strong practical orientation, students also receive a general education in specific areas. The program leads to immediate employability. The SML offers five Bachelor’s degree programs and nine specializations (majors), with students earning the academic title of “Bachelor of Science.”
Against a background of internationalization and digitalization, the Bachelor’s Degree Program in Business Administration provides you with skills to analyze, design, and control products, processes, and projects in companies and organizations. As a business administration graduate, you have in-depth knowledge of marketing, finance, strategy, human capital management, and production/operations. After your first-year studies, you can major in one of the following areas:
A Bachelor’s degree in International Management will provide you with the tools for a successful career in a global business environment, including a broad knowledge of management, intercultural competence, people skills, and international experience. This program is taught in English.
With a Bachelor’s Degree Program in Business Information Technology, you acquire the competence to plan, develop, implement, and work with information and communication systems. This will enable you to make a valuable contribution to the operation of a company or organization in the information age.
(A degree program in Industrial Engineering is offered at the School of Engineering)
The Bachelor’s Degree Program in Business Law combines legal and business studies and communication. The program focus is on Swiss and international business law. This is an interdisciplinary course of study bridging the gap between law and business.
The Bachelor’s degree program in Applied Law provides a generalist legal education which covers all core areas of Swiss law. Special attention is given to linguistic and methodological competence. This course of study is designed for individuals who wish to assume responsible legal positions in private law, public law, or criminal law.
Program at a Glance
Title: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in (name of program) (UAS Zurich)
Starts: Mid-September (CW 38)
Academic Achievement: 180 ECTS credits (1 ECTS equals approx. 30 hours of study)
Time Required: 6 semesters (full-time), 8 semesters (part-time or FLEX)
Semester Fee: CHF 720
Language of Instruction: German and/or English. Program types: full-time, part-time, FLEX
- Practical: Our instructors are not only academically qualified, they also have a lot of professional experience and a broad network of contacts. Their teaching is practically oriented, enabling you to meet potential employers while you study.
- As flexible as you are: The SML offers full-time, part-time, and FLEX programs. Decide for yourself whether you want to complete your program in three or in four years - and whether you want to work while you study. By the way: Part-time students know already on which days they will have classes.
- Internationally oriented: SML has a network of over 190 selected partner universities worldwide. Gain valuable experience abroad during your studies.
- Innovative teaching and learning: Teaching is constantly reevaluated at the SML to incorporate modern methods such as digital learning. Individual modules are coordinated with each other. In practical assignments, you will be able to apply the knowledge you acquire, integrating it continuously.
- Highly regarded and AACSB-accredited: Since 2015, the SML has been proud to be accredited by AACSB - a sought-after quality seal on the international job market. The standard of our programs is regularly reviewed by AACSB. In addition, the SML has featured in the prestigious Financial Times rankings since 2020 – including the “European Business School Rankings”, which list the best European business schools.
To Order Our Brochure
Order a copy of our BSc Brochure to your home, easily and conveniently.