Welcome to Switzerland, Welcome to the ZHAW School of Management and Law!
5 Tips – from former to future exchange students
- Don’t be afraid to contact Student Services or the International Office. They can answer most questions and will be able to help you with even the most difficult problems.
- Don’t let exchange stress get you down. Just take it one step at a time and use the help available (see first Tip).
- Sign up for more ECTS credits than you need. Some modules might be more difficult than you anticipate, and this will enable you to compensate.
- Consider buying both “Halbtax” (half fare) and “Seven25” (free travel from 7pm to 5am) travel cards. They will encourage you to explore Switzerland.
- Familiarize yourself with rules and procedures, stick to your class schedule, and make a financial budget you can follow. This will ensure a trouble-free exchange.
Broaden Your Horizons
The ZHAW School of Management and Law (SML), the business school of the largest university of applied sciences in Switzerland with multiple accreditations, including AACSB, maintains close ties with private enterprises as well as the public sector and important NGOs. These valuable connections play a vital role in the practical orientation of the academic degree programs we offer. Our main principle “Building Competence. Crossing Borders.” reflects both our commitment to providing quality education as well as a global mindset.
Get Ready to Study Abroad
Many students who come to Switzerland choose our university not only because of its obvious academic benefits but also because of its perfect location. Situated right in the heart of Europe, and with the commercial, financial, and cultural center of Zurich on its doorstep, it has everything you need for an unforgettable exchange experience. Its proximity to important international corporations and financial institutions is an additional bonus. Excellent travel connections in all directions make the SML an ideal starting point from which to combine academic study with a voyage of discovery. In addition, Switzerland, famous for its beautiful landscapes and unspoiled nature, offers a wealth of outdoor activities, leisure facilities, cultural sites, and events to ensure that you will never be short of something interesting to do. So what are you waiting for? We are looking forward to welcoming you soon!