Double Degree Programs at SML
ZHAW School of Management and Law has developed a range of double degrees with its partner universities.
The main goals through these double degrees are to broaden students’ knowledge in different business subjects and enable them to benefit from a unique international learning experience.
A double degree consists of two degrees awarded by two different universities. They allow students the opportunity to specialize and go in depth into a particular field of study, or to follow a new subject. International double degrees, where qualifications are gained from more than one country, provide a unique opportunity for students to achieve a competitive advantage in a global business market.
The Institute of International Education defined Double Degrees as “[…] study programs collaboratively offered by two (or more) higher education institutions located in different countries. They typically feature a jointly developed and integrated curriculum and agreed-on credit recognition. Students typically study at the two partnering higher education institutions […]. Upon completion of the study program, students receive degree certificates issued separately by each of the institutions involved in the program.“
The main advantages of a double degree are seen as:
- Different disciplines or specialization: Studying two different programs helps students to broaden their knowledge in different disciplines. Alternatively, students can explore in depth a particular single subject.
- Two awards: After successful completion of the double degree, students are awarded with two degrees, which build on and complement each other.
- Time-saving: The two degrees can be completed in a shorter period then it would be possible obtaining them as stand-alone qualifications.
- Network: Apart from getting to know different academic approaches in different countries, students will gain valuable insights into different business practices and have the chance to build a foundation for a career in the global business market.
- Cultural experience: While studying abroad, students will profit from valuable insights into local culture and will have the opportunity to engage with international students from a variety of different backgrounds.
In an increasingly challenging, international business environment, the ZHAW School of Management and Law has developed a range of international double degrees that provide students with the best possible skills and opportunities to help advance their careers.
|Degree at ZHAW||Partner University||Country||Degree at Partner University||Level of Studies||Year at Partner University|
|MSc International Business||Warsaw School of Economics (SGH)||Poland||Master Global Business, Finance and Governance||Master||2nd|
|MSc International Business||Audencia Business School||France||Master in Management||Master||2nd|
|MSc International Business||Rennes School of Business||France||Master in Management||Master||2nd|
|MSc International Business||Grand Valley State University||USA||Master of Business Administration||Master||2nd|
|MSc International Business||Virgina Tech||USA||Master of Science in Business Administration with a major in Business Analytics||Master||2nd|
|MSc Management & Law||Université Paris-Dauphine||France||Master “Droit Européen et International des Affaires“||Master||2nd|
|MSc Management & Law||Wiesbaden Business School||Germany||Master of Laws in Accounting and Taxation (LL.M.)||Master||2nd|