Bachelor’s Degree Program in Business Information Technology
Business information specialists play a key role at the nerve centers of companies and organizations. At the intersection of people and technology, they develop, implement, and operate cutting-edge socio-technical systems that are both innovative and complex in nature.
At a Glance
Title: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Business Information Technology
Workload: 180 ECTS (approx. 5400 hours of work)
Duration: 6 semesters (full-time), 8 semesters (part-time)
Start of Program: Mid-September (calendar week 38)
Language of Instruction: German
Semester Fee: CHF 720.- (subject to change)
Enrollment: The enrollment form will be available from the end of October.
What You Will Learn
The focus of this degree program is process design and the data flow of companies. When you graduate, you will have acquired both IT competencies and managerial skills. This interdisciplinary course of study will enable you to quickly grasp important concepts and interdependencies, effectively recognize the nature of problems, and familiarize yourself with new subject areas in an efficient manner. Graduates may also decide to further enhance their knowledge with a consecutive MSc program.
Your Career Prospects
- All corporate functions related to information technology
- System development
- System analysis
- User support
- IT controlling
- IT organisation
- Alle sectors using information technology
Program Structure and Admission Requirements
As Flexible as You
Full-time students take six semesters, part-time students eight semesters to complete the program. If you prefer to study part-time, classroom instruction will be on one day and (max.) two evenings a week as well as on Saturday morning. This would enable you to immediately apply what you are learning in an occupation not exceeding a 60% workload.
What You Need to Qualify
- A federally recognized vocational baccalaureate: no entrance exam or additional professional experience required
- A non-commercial vocational baccalaureate: no entrance exam required; at least one year of regular work experience in the commercial field
- A federally recognized academic baccalaureate: no entrance exam required; at least one year of regular work experience in the commercial field