Public Health Sciences for Universities of Applied Sciences (SSPH+UAS)
A doctoral program in health care at Swiss universities and universities of applied sciences funded by Swissuniversities.
At a Glance
Type of Program: Cooperative Doctoral Pogram
Program Language: English
The "PhD Program in Public Health Sciences for Universities of Applied Sciences (SSPH+UAS)" aims to strengthen the research competence of members of universities of applied sciences in the field of health care. It offers participants the opportunity to do their doctorate at one of the partner universities and to benefit from further networking and training activities.
Who is the program for?
This doctoral program is aimed at
- Teaching and research faculty at university of applied sciences in the following fields: health sciences, nursing science, health economics, or health care.
- Health care professionals who wish to obtain a doctorate in order to acquire a high level of research competence.
What are the formal requirements for admission to the program?
Admission to do a doctorate at one of the partner universities participating in the SSPH+UAS program.
Additional requirements for employees of the SML requesting time and financial support:
- A Master's degree
- Several years of related practical experience
- As a rule, at least two years as an employee of ZHAW
Are there any restrictions concerning places on the program?
A total of 20 places are available for all universities of applied sciences.
What is the selection procedure?
- An application to join the program must be submitted by the supervising SML lecturer to the program office of SSPH -+ UAS.
- Twice a year, a steering committee will decide who to admit to the program.
Are there any special deadlines to be observed?
Basically, applicants can join the program at any time. The ZHAW School of Management and Law offers its doctoral students financial and time support. Applications for support must be submitted by 30 June and 31 December, respectively. Details can be found on the SML Intranet page "Doktorandencockpit" (only with ZHAW login).