Center for Organizational Design & Processes
The Center for Organizational Design & Processes (ODP) is the competence center for organizational design, operations & supply chain management, and project management. We research, communicate, and design structures, processes, and mindsets of new and existing business models. The combination of science and practical application is what motivates and interests us. Our current research focues on "blockchain & governance," "competition in value chains," the "transformability canvas," and "multi-project management."
Head of Center Organizational Design & Processes; ...
Research Associate & Lecturer; Institute for ...
Lecturer Organization & Project Management; ...
Research Associate Blockchain in ...
Continuing Education Programs
Organization designers, operations managers, and project managers shape the future. In our continuing education programs, you will acquire tried-and-tested knowledge from innovative companies and reflect on the latest research findings. You will apply proven concepts and methods to align your organization for the future and be taught how to analyze and handle challenging situations.
We offer continuing education on the following topics:
- Organizational design / organizational development
- Operations- and supply chain management
- Project Management and Multi Project Management
- Digital transformation
- Designing organizational and management structure & processes, developing core values – aligned with a new vision: Supporting an organization in the health care sector for several months regarding a future-focused reorientation to increase customer-specific effectiveness and employee freedom of action.
- Value stream analysis and lean optimization: Analysis of the flow of goods and information
- Supplier management:
Analysis of the procurement processes; segmentation of products and suppliers; adaptation of procurement processes; anchoring methodological competence in the company
- Potential clarification for blockchain: Investigation of the application possibility for cross-company processes; stakeholder analysis; development of first proofs-of-concept; cost- and potential estimates; support in implementation
- Developing governance for a blockchain network: Scientific support for the development of governance in blockchain networks; support in the design of (blockchain) consortia; consulting in the design of off-/on-chain governance.
- Project work, portfolio assessment, and optimization: Analysis of project work from idea generation, project selection, and kickoff through progress management and risk/opportunity assessment to benefits realization from projects. Clarification of roles and appointments, choice of coherent process models such as agile with learning cycles or project phases with milestones (multi-project management)
Consulting and Other Services
We advise managers at various levels and in multiple industries on their development in terms of organizational design, operations and supply network management, and project work (individual projects, approaches, project portfolios, etc.). You benefit from our practical experience and research expertise.
Typical services and consulting topics include:
- Designing organizational structures / design & processes, developing core values
- Value stream analysis and lean optimization
- Supplier management
- Assessment potential for a blockchain application
- Governance development for a blockchain network
- Development of project management know-how in companies
- Project portfolio & office optimization
- Hosting in-house workshops and training courses on our areas of competence