Sustainability Day @SML
Sustainability Day at the ZHAW School of Management and Law – By Students for Students.
According to a survey among ZHAW School of Management and Law students in 2019, more than one-third would welcome more extracurricular activities on topics related to sustainable development and responsible business. This result has led to the launch of the "Sustainability Day @SML" project – an annual sustainability event entirely dedicated to social responsibility and sustainable development. It is organized entirely by students of the ZHAW School of Management and Law and is aimed at students and employees of the ZHAW School of Management and Law, other ZHAW schools, and the general public. Sustainability Day aims to raise awareness of, and sensitize participants to, sustainability-specific topics and to promote dialogue in this field.
Do you agree that there is a need for fundamental changes in the environment, society, and the business world? Why not start here, at our business school? You are a motivated, creative student at the ZHAW School of Management and Law? Become an event organizer for Sustainability Day 2024 @SML!
Who can participate?
- All BSc and MSc students at the ZHAW School of Management and Law
What can you expect?
- A great community of like-minded people
- The freedom to develop and implement your own ideas
- Coaching and support from proven internal experts
- A certificate confirming the time spent working and the skills acquired, which you can add to your portfolio
What do you need?
- An interest in topics related to sustainable development and responsible business
- Organizational skills
- The ability to work as part of a team (of at least five students)
- Creativity and ideas
- Time (about 80 hours between October 2023 and April 2024).
What work will you do?
- Searching for and identifying potential for improvement in discussions with the relevant stakeholders at the ZHAW School of Management and Law
- Planning and organizing the next "Sustainability Day @SML". Includes activities such as deciding on the program and the speakers, running the event, setting up and taking down the décor, and follow-up activities
- Planning and implementing communication measures
- Raising awareness among your peers and the university staff for topics related to sustainable development and responsible business practices
Simply fill out the online form below by 30 September 2023 and tell us in 300 words or less why you are the right person for the job. We will contact you.