Master in Business Information Technology
"Our Master's program complements the Bachelor's program perfectly and helps career-changers to position themselves successfully on the job market."
Dr. Mike Krey, Head of Program
Our Master's program in Business Information Technology was developed in close cooperation with the information and communication technology (ICT) industry in response to its shortage of skilled labor. It qualifies graduates to assume key functions and management tasks in the entire ICT sector and in the IT departments of companies.
What You Will Learn
In order to be ready to assume challenging IT management tasks, you will acquire solid professional knowledge, analytical abilities, entrepreneurial thinking, and communication skills with a strong emphasis on action competence. The program "MSc in Information Technology" focuses on systematic and continuous change and development processes in companies. You will learn to operate in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment and be able to integrate new knowledge, master complex situations, and make informed judgments.
Your Career Prospects
- Demanding professional and managerial assignments
- Information and process management
- Software development and assessment
- Project management
- Organizational development
- Business analysis
- Software providers
- Business consultants
- IT departments of profit and nonprofit organizations in sectors with an IT component
Program Structure and Admission
Flexible and Practically Oriented
The program starts annually in September and takes two years to complete. Classroom instruction takes place all day on Mondays and Tuesdays. The program's structure will enable you to work part-time or do family work. Most modules consist of a combination of classroom tuition (lectures) and self-study. At the Master’s level, instructors have both sound scientific and current practical competence. The languages of instruction are English and German.
What You Need to Qualify
- Confirmation of a Bachelor's degree in Business Information Technology or Business Administration with a specialization in Business Information Technology or an equivalent university qualification
- Previous knowledge of business information technology, i.e. evidence of relevant achievements worth at least 40 ECTS points
- A high level of motivation and ability to perform
- Positive result of suitability assessment
At a Glance
Title: Master of Science (MSc) in Business Information Technology
Start of New Program: Mid-September
Registration deadline: 30 May 2020 - Enrollment
Workload: 90 ECTS credits (corresponding to approx. 2,700 hours of study)
Duration: 4 semesters (while enrolled in the program, students can hold a part-time job or do family work not exceeding a workload of 50%).
Study Abroad: While completing this program, a stay at a foreign partner university is possible
Semester Fee: CHF 720.-
Language of Instruction: German/English
Accreditation: AACSB, FIBAA