Master in Business Information Technology
Information technology has become a decisive factor in the business processes of most companies. At the same time, there is an acute shortage of skilled professionals in this sector. The program “MSc in Business Information Technology” will enable you to prepare for a demanding key position at the intersection of information technology and management.
What You Will Learn
In order to be ready to assume challenging IT management tasks, you will acquire solid professional knowledge, analytical abilities, entrepreneurial thinking, and communication skills with a strong emphasis on action competence. The program "MSc in Information Technology" focuses on systematic and continuous change and development processes in companies. You will learn to operate in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment and be able to integrate new knowledge, master complex situations, and make informed judgments.
Your Career Prospects
- Demanding professional and managerial assignments
- Information and process management
- Software development and assessment
- Project management
- Organizational development
- Business analysis
- Software providers
- Business consultants
- IT departments of profit and nonprofit organizations in sectors with an IT component
Program Structure and Admission
Flexible and Practically Oriented
The MSc program in Business Information Technology is jointly offered with Bern University of Applied Sciences, Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, and University of Applied Sciences Eastern Switzerland. Students benefit from the strengths and specializations of all four institutions. The program starts annually in September and takes two years to complete. Classroom instruction takes place all day on Mondays and Tuesdays. The program's structure will enable you to work part-time or do family work.
What You Need to Qualify
- Confirmation of a Bachelor's degree in Business Information Technology or Business Administration with a specialization in Business Information Technology or an equivalent university qualification with at least good performance
- Previous knowledge of business information technology, i.e. evidence of relevant achievements worth at least 40 ECTS points
- A high level of motivation and ability to perform
- Positive result of suitability assessment
At a Glance
Title: Master of Science (MSc) in Business Information Technology
Start of New Program: Mid-September
Workload: 90 ECTS credits (corresponding to approx. 2,700 hours of study)
Duration: 4 semesters (while enrolled in the program, students can hold a part-time job or do family work not exceeding a workload of 50%). In order to accommodate higher workloads, the program can be spread across 6 semesters.
Study Abroad: While completing this program, a stay at a foreign partner university is possible
Location: Zurich and Winterthur
Semester Fee: CHF 720.-
Language of Instruction: German/English
Accreditation: AACSB, FIBAA