Use the application portal to apply online for a place at the ZHAW. You will be guided through the application, admission and enrolment process.
Preparing your application
Have all the following information and documents at hand, in electronic form:
- CH social security number (756…). If you live or work in Switzerland, you can find this on your AHV card or on your CH health insurance card.
- CH matriculation number: if you have been or were previously enrolled at a Swiss university, you can find this on your entitlement to access to higher education (yellow adhesive label).
When you first register in the application portal or at a later point in time, you must upload the following documents:
- Passport photo / portrait photo for ZHAW ID card, as JPG (must be uploaded when first registering)
- ID card, passport or residence permit for foreign nationals (must be uploaded when first registering)
- CH ex-matriculation certificate, if you have been or were previously enrolled at a Swiss university
- Proof of your entitlement to access to higher education (vocational / specialised baccalaureate, academic baccalaureate, university entrance qualification (Abitur, Federal VET Diploma, etc.)
- Proof of a minimum of one year (full-time equivalent) of commercial work experience in the form of job references (depending on the type of university entrance certificate; more details)
- English certificate (for degree programs / specializations taught in English)
- Applicants with Qualifications from Abroad
Please refer to the information on this page and use the flow chart to determine if your school-leaving certificate will be recognized.
If you have to take an entrance exam because you do not meet all the requirements: Please note that it is only available in German.
Instructions for online application
To log in, you need a Switch edu ID code. With your Switch edu ID code, you will be able to log in to the ZHAW registration portal. Your registration will be valid once the CHF 100 fee for registering in the admission procedure has been paid. Below you will find step-by-step instructions for online registration and a key to help you with your application.
Please note that there are problems when sending e-mails to Hotmail addresses (as well as outlook.com). If you have a Hotmail address, please add ZHAW as a secure sender or open an e-mail address with another provider.
Please note: Online registration is only possible for regular admission to the 1st semester. For direct admission to the main study degree program (3rd or 4th semester), please use the enrollment forms.
|Regular admission to the 1st semester||30 April 2018|
|Direct admission to the 4th semester (part-time)||31 December 2017|
|Direct admission to the 3rd semester (full-time)||30 June 2018|
Dispensations / Recognition of Students' Achievements
For further details, please refer to the application for dispensation. Applications for the 2017/2018 fall semester will have to be submitted by 29 June 2018.
Applications for dispensation have to be submitted on time even if some of the required information (e.g., grades) is not yet available.
Compulsory Orientation Days
The compulsory orientation day takes place from 10 - 14 September 2018 (calendar week 37). The orientation for students of International Management will last for two days. The study program commences on 17 September 2018 (calendar week 38).
Timetables and Assignment to Classes
School of Management and Law administrators publish the timetables and assign students to their classes. They cannot deal with individual requests concerning timetables or class assignments, mainly because attendance at lectures and seminars is not mandatory and is not in itself a performance criteria which must be met.
Please note that the timetables of all part-time programs are published in advance for the following four study years. For an overview of the time slots reserved for classroom instruction, please refer to the document “Attendance for Part-Time Students” and select the respective specialization on the Program Structure and Admission page.
If you have any questions, please contact Student Services: firstname.lastname@example.org.