Master's Degree Programs: Enrollment
Use the application portal to apply online for a place at the ZHAW. You will be guided through the application, admission and enrolment process.
Preparing your application
Have all the following information and documents at hand, in electronic form:
- CH social security number (756…). If you live or work in Switzerland, you can find this on your AHV card or on your CH health insurance card.
- CH matriculation number: if you have been or were previously enrolled at a Swiss university, you can find this on your entitlement to access to higher education (yellow adhesive label).
When you first register in the application portal or at a later point in time, you must upload the following documents:
- Passport photo / portrait photo for ZHAW ID card, as JPG (must be uploaded when first registering)
- ID card, passport or residence permit for foreign nationals (must be uploaded when first registering)
- Equivalent Bachelor degree certificate
Photocopies are sufficient. Originals must be presented upon enrollment. If you have not completed your BSc program at the time of enrolment, please include your transcript of records/certificate. In such a case, you will be admitted on the condition that the missing documents are supplied before the start of the MSc program.
- Proof of your entitlement to access to higher education (vocational / specialised baccalaureate, academic baccalaureate, university entrance qualification (Abitur, Federal VET Diploma, etc.)
- CH ex-matriculation certificate, if you have been or were previously enrolled at a Swiss university
Instructions for online application
To log in, you need a Switch edu ID code. With your Switch edu ID code, you will be able to log in to the ZHAW registration portal. Your registration will be valid once the CHF 100 fee for registering in the admission procedure has been paid. Below you will find step-by-step instructions for online registration and a key to help you with your application.
Please note that there are problems when sending e-mails to Hotmail addresses (as well as outlook.com). If you have a Hotmail address, please add ZHAW as a secure sender (PDF 59,5 KB) or open an e-mail address with another provider.
The enrollment deadline for degree programs at ZHAW School of Management and Law is 15 May 2018.
Places on the programs are assigned on a first-come first-served basis for complete applications. You are therefore advised to submit your documents early. Incomplete applications may lead to delays in the admission procedure.
If you have any questions, please contact Student Services: email@example.com.