Master's Degree Programs: Enrollment
Use the application portal to apply online for a place at the ZHAW. You will be guided through the application, admission and enrolment process.
Before applying for the first time, please prepare the following information and documentation (as electronic files), which are all required if you wish to apply online:
- Swiss social security number (756…): If you live or work in Switzerland, you can find this on your AHV card or on your Swiss health insurance card.
- Passport/portrait photo (as a JPG file) for your ZHAW ID card
- ID card, passport or Swiss residence permit
- Complete resume (chronological table)
- Motivation letter (please follow the Guidelines(PDF 181,9 KB) for your degree program)
We recommend submitting as many documents as possible when you first register. Documents that are not yet available can also be uploaded at a later date:
- University entrance certificate (e.g., vocational baccalaureate/specialized vocational baccalaureate, or academic baccalaureate/Abitur)
- Proof of Bachelor’s level qualification: diploma certificate incl. first-year certificate, transcript of records, diploma supplement
Simple copies are sufficient. If you have not yet completed your Bachelor’s program at the time of your application, please submit the transcript of records/grades as well as an overview about the modules still to be completed until graduation. In such a case, your admission will be conditional and subject to submission of the missing documents before the start of the Master’s program.
- English language certificate (Level C1): For the Master’s degree program in International Business.
- Swiss disenrollment certificate (Exmatrikulationsbescheinigung): If you have ever been enrolled enrolled at a Swiss university
1. Creating a SWITCH-edu-ID
To log in, you need a SWITCH edu-ID code. After you have created an account, please return to this page and study the step-by-step instructions below.
2. Step-by-Step Instructions
These detailed Instructions as well as the auxiliary sheet (key to symbols/icons) will help you in applying online. Before your application can be processed, an application fee of CHF 100 must be paid.
If you expect e-mails from us during the admission procedure and do not receive any, please check your spam folder (especially Hotmail and Outlook accounts). If you do not find what you are looking for, please contact Student Services.
This link will take you to your online application at any time: My Application
- The application deadline for the master's programs of the School of Management and Law starting in the fall of 2024 is May 30, 2024.
- The application deadline for the master's degree program in International Business is May 15, 2024.
- The application deadline for the School of Management and Law's Convergence Studies (post-qualification of missing professional competencies) starting in spring 2024 is December 31, 2023.
- The application deadline for the Real Estate & Facility Management master's program is June 30, 2024. You can apply via the ZHAW Life Sciences and Facility Management website.
A compulsory Orientation Day takes place in the week of 9. - 13. September 2024 (calendar Week 37).
The Business Administration program with a specialization in Public Management starts in calendar week 36 with a Summer School requiring attendance. The Welcome Day is integrated into this Summer School.
In the Circular Economy Management degree program, a boot camp is held in calendar week 37 instead of a Welcome Day.
The International Business program has a Welcome Day, which takes place in calendar Week 35 (End of August) and the classes start in calendar Week 36.
The degree program begins on 16. September 2024 (calendar Week 38) with the start of classes.