Master's Degree Programs: Enrollment
Use the application portal to apply online for a place at the ZHAW. You will be guided through the application, admission and enrolment process.
Preparing Your Application
Before applying for the first time, please prepare the following information and documentation (as electronic files), which are all required if you wish to apply online:
- Swiss social security number (756…): If you live or work in Switzerland, you can find this on your AHV card or on your Swiss health insurance card.
- Passport/portrait photo (as a JPG file) for your ZHAW ID card
- ID card, passport or Swiss residence permit
- Complete resume (chronological table)
- Motivation letter (please follow the Guidelines (PDF 237,5 KB) for your degree program)
We recommend submitting as many documents as possible when you first register. Documents that are not yet available can also be uploaded at a later date:
- University entrance certificate (e.g., vocational baccalaureate/specialized vocational baccalaureate, or academic baccalaureate/Abitur).)
- Proof of Bachelor’s level qualification: diploma certificate incl. first-year certificate
Simple copies are sufficient. If you have not yet completed your Bachelor’s program at the time of your application, please submit the transcript of records/grades. In such a case, your admission will be conditional and subject to submission of the missing documents before the start of the Master’s program.
- English language certificate (Level C1): For the Master’s degree program in International Business.
- Swiss disenrollment certificate (Exmatrikulationsbescheinigung): If you have ever been enrolled enrolled at a Swiss university
1. Creating a SWITCH-edu-ID
To log in, you need a SWITCH edu-ID code. After you have created an account, please return to this page and study the step-by-step instructions below.
2. Step-by-Step Instructions
These detailed Instructions as well as the auxiliary sheet (key to symbols/icons) will help you in applying online. Before your application can be processed, an application fee of CHF 100 must be paid.
If you expect e-mails from us during the admission procedure and do not receive any, please check your spam folder (especially Hotmail and Outlook accounts). If you do not find what you are looking for, please contact Student Services.
This link will take you to your online application at any time: My Application
- The closing date for applications for Master's programs at the School of Management and Law starting in fall 2019 was 30 May 2019.
- The closing date for applications for the convergence program (to acquire missing professional qualifications) at the School of Management and Law, starting in spring 2020, is 31 December 2019.
Orientation Day / Start of Program
The Orientation Day takes place in the week of 9 - 13 September 2019 (Calendar Week 37).
The International Business program has Orientation Days, which take place in week 35 (End of August) and the classes start in week 36 (September).
The degree program begins on 16 September 2019 (Calendar Week 38) with the start of classes.