Travel green – conscience clean
Is there anything more beautiful than enjoying nature’s diversity while doing something good at the same time?
In order to create a more sustainable future, all of our contributions are necessary and even a mobility can be organised more climate-friendly. Movetia, National Agency for Exchange and Mobility, encourages this approach. Therefore, all SEMP exchange students who choose a means of transport with lower CO2 emissions than an airplane, such as busses, trains, ships or bikes, will receive an additional, one-off contribution of 100 CHF from autumn 2022/23 – the Green Travel Top-Up.
- If the plane is unavoidable, go for a direct flight and offset the CO2 emissions
- Whenever possible, use public transport or the bike for trips and excursions in your host country
- Find out about the possibilities to make your daily routine in your host country more sustainable (waste disposal and separation, recycling, saving food, buying local and seasonal products)
- Go easy on resources (save water, turn off unnecessary lights, unplug electronic devices that are not in use)
- Replace plastic bottles and disposable coffee cups or other dishes with reusable alternatives
- To avoid plastic bags in (grocery) stores, always bring a cloth bag
- Digital information is usually enough – do not print your documents
- Treat nature with respect (follow the rules and take your waste with you)