Future of Food
The ZHAW's Reidbach campus is the home of the Future of Food. We are committed to creating a future where sustainable, enjoyable and healthy food is possible for everyone. With the motto "regenerative food for planetary health", we aim to find solutions to the challenges posed by climate change, the growing world population and limited natural resources.
The new building (building RD) will be part of the Reidbach Campus on Einsiedlerstrasse in Wädenswil. The work on the interior is currently underway, and the ZHAW will be able to move into the building in autumn 2023. A brief overview:
- 2014: Planning started and project documentation
- 2017: Approval from the Government Council
- 2019: Start of construction
- 2020: Laying of the foundation stone (January 14, 2020)
- 2023: Occupancy date
In the new Future of Food building, study of the entire food value chain will be brought together under one roof. The Institute of Food and Beverage Innovation will teach, conduct research and provide services in this building.
- 4th floor: Food law and quality management to ensure food safety
- 3rd floor: The Nutrition of the Future and the World of the Senses
- 2nd floor: Food safety and functional cultures
- 1st floor: Value-determining ingredients and techno-functional properties of food products
- Ground floor: Innovative and sustainable approaches in food processing, packaging and preservation
- Basement 1: Biotransformation: Extraction and development of aroma components
- Basement 2: Controlled storage tests for concept and product testing