Delete search term


Quick navigation

Main navigation

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

1. Application

What are the requirements for the Bachelor's Program in International Management?

You can find information about the admission requirements for the International Management Program here.

How do I apply for the Bachelor's Program in International Management?

You need to fill in an application form, which you can download here. Please submit supporting documents along with the application.

Is there an entrance examination?

The entrance examination is reserved for students who have a university entrance qualification from a foreign university that is not considered to be equal to a Swiss university entrance qualification (Maturität or Berufsmaturität). At the same time, this university entrance qualification must be the equivalent of having completed a minimum of three years of upper secondary education.

What are the requirements for international (i.e. foreign) students?

For information regarding the admission requirements, tuition fees, student residence permits, etc., please click here.

What can I do if I am unable to submit some the necessary documents on time, such as the language certificate?

If you otherwise meet our admission requirements, you will be allowed to submit the remaining documents until the end of July.

2. Language Certificate

I have lived in an English-speaking country for a long time and speak English fluently. Do I still have to submit a language certificate?

Yes. We expect every candidate to present an official language certificate.

I am going to receive my language certificate this summer. Can I still enter the program this fall?

Yes. You need to notify the Bachelor’s Office at the time of application, that you will submit supporting documents at a later stage. You can reach the Student's Services Office via email

I am a graduate of one of the international schools in Switzerland. Do I still have to submit a language certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge, etc.)?

Yes. You must still submit one of the required language certificates.

More info about language certificates

3. Work Experience

What kind of work experience meets the requirements of the International Management Program?

Work experience needs to be in the commercial field. Your employment reference should list general administrative work, including details of your responsibilities and your workload.

I have no work experience in the commercial field in Switzerland. Is it possible to provide evidence of work experience gained abroad?

Yes. We will accept evidence of work experience gained in a commercial field in a foreign country.

4. Cost and Financial Aid

I am an international (foreign) student. Is my tuition fee the same as for a Swiss student?

Yes. All students at the ZHAW School of Management and Law are charged the same tuition fee. For more details on the cost of studying at ZHAW, go here.

Is it possible to apply for a grant or scholarship from the ZHAW School of Management and Law?

The ZHAW School of Management and Law itself does not award student grants or scholarships. If you require a scholarship, please contact the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, which offers limited scholarships to foreign (international) students. To find out, more check the grants website of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs.

5. Degree Program

I studied at another university (or university of applied sciences) in Switzerland (or in another country), where I completed several modules in Business Administration. Do you recognize previous academic work, and can I transfer the credits to the Intern

No. Previous academic work completed at another national or international university or university of applied sciences cannot be transferred.

Can I do an internship while studying in the International Management Program and would this work be recognized as part of my studies?

No. An internship does not form part of the degree program in International Management.

Is the International Management Program available on a full-time and/or on a part-time basis?

The International Management Program is a full-time program and cannot be completed on a part-time basis.

Can I have a part-time job while studying in the International Management Program?

The International Management Program is a full-time program. Due to its high workload, we strongly advise against working during your studies.

6. Study Year Abroad

The second year of the International Management Program is spent studying abroad. Is this compulsory? Do I have to go abroad?

Yes. The international exchange during the second year of study is an integral part of the program’s curriculum

Could I split my study year abroad and spend each semester at a different university?

No. The entire study year abroad must be completed at the same partner university. It is not possible for students to split their time between two destinations.

Where can I spend my study year abroad?

The ZHAW School of Management and Law has a large international network of partner schools. It maintains partnership agreements with over 190 universities in over 40 countries. For more information about our international partner universities, visit the International Office website.