Re@dy4 sustainable electricity?
Consumer preferences for renewable energy sources
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Andreas Nicklisch
- Deputy of project leader : Prof. Dr. Regina Betz
- Project team : Dr. Manuel Grieder
- Project budget : CHF 77'360
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Third party (BKW Energie AG (BKW-Förderfonds))
- Project partner : Fachhochschule Graubünden, BKW Energie AG
- Contact person : Manuel Grieder
In recent years, consumers have become more willing to bear additional costs for ensuring a sustainable energy supply. Nevertheless, little is known about consumers' exact willingness to pay for renewable energies. In order to be able to provide an efficient energy mix that corresponds to customer preferences, it is essential to obtain more precise information in this regard. For this reason, the present project aims at providing a precise, quantitative estimate of consumers' willingness to pay for various renewable energies. In particular, we will use a novel method to determine the price preferences of household customers for different characteristics of renewable energies. Thus, we will enable our project partner to provide an optimal electricity mix to her customers, which offers the most valued properties at a fair price.