The potential for ecologically sustainable agricultural production and ethologically responsible animal husbandry in Switzerland
At a glance
- Co-project leader : Dr. Priska Baur, Dr. Stefan Flückiger
- Project team : Rebekka Frick, Dr. Adrian Müller
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Other (Greenpeace Schweiz)
- Project partner : Forschungsinstitut für biologischen Landbau FiBL
- Contact person : Priska Baur
Food is responsible for a large proportion of global consumption of natural resources and for many environmental impacts. The focus is on animal foods in particular. The high and growing consumption of meat and milk is a global challenge. Switzerland must also participate in the search for ways of achieving sustainable nutrition. A particular challenge is the amount of animal feed that Switzerland imports to feed livestock and produce animal food. The objective of this study is to assess the potential of Switzerland as a location for ecological and animal-friendly food production.
Baur, Priska; Flückiger, Stefan,
ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.21256/zhaw-1411