Master of Science in Facility Management
Understanding real estate, leading employees, initiating innovations.
One of its kind in Switzerland
The Institute for Facility Management (IFM) at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW) is the only university in Switzerland to offer a Master of Science in Facility Management. The course builds on the Bachelor of Science in Facility Management but is also open to applicants with degrees in FM-related subjects such as architecture, construction engineering, business management, building services engineering or hospitality.
The Master of Science in Facility Management was developed in response to the increasingly complex nature of the core roles fulfilled by facility managers. The rising complexity of tasks and contexts, the increasing pressure to cut costs, the speed of change and overlapping areas of competence are all factors which mean that facility managers need to understand and help shape other business functions as well as their own.
The facility managers of tomorrow will not only support core business processes, but also lay the foundations for the results-based, sustainable and successful achievement of strategic corporate goals. The Master of Science in Facility Management will prepare you to meet this challenge.
Key facts at a glance
- Title: Master of Science (MSc) ZFH in Facility Management
- Duration: Three semesters (full-time option), five semesters (part-time option)
- Language: The course is taught in English
- Start date: February and September each year
- Workload: 90 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System); one credit corresponds to 25-30 hours of work
- Location: Campus Reidbach RA, Seestrasse 55, 8820 Wädenswil
- Costs: Tuition fees of CHF 720 per semester (additional tuition fees for students who are not Swiss residents CHF 500) plus study materials, membership of the Academic Sports Association Zurich (ASVZ) and individual living costs. (subject to change)
- Admission criteria: see Admission
Workload and language
The course is worth 90 ECTS credits and can be studied over three semesters (typical full-time option) or five semesters (part-time option). Contact time takes place on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays in Wädenswil, with special teaching events held over longer periods in January and June. The course is taught and examined in English.
Graduates are awarded the internationally recognised qualification “Master of Science ZFH in Facility Management” by the Zurich University of Applied Sciences.
click here to register directly!
The annual closing date for student registration is the end of September or April each year.
Master of Science in Facility Management - Accreditation
In 2013, the IFMA Foundation certified the bachelor and master programs in facility management.
The Association ALUMNI ZHAW Facility Management (FM) was founded in 2010. It welcomes graduates of study programs of the ZHAW Institute for Facility Management and the preceding schools.
The ALUMNI FM of the ZHAW promotes single discipline and interdisciplinary networking as well as education and training. It is committed to representing the interests of its members with respect to stakeholders interested in facility management. Our association has strong growth and currently has over 450 members.