Master's programme at the Institute of Materials and Process Engineering (IMPE)
About 70% of all product innovations are based on new materials and processes. The Master's Degree programme at the IMPE opens up the opportunity to work directly on the development of innovative materials, coatings, processes and equipment.
As part of the Mechanical Engineering profile (ME), the IMPE offers in-depth courses on the following topics:
- modern materials, functional surfaces and coatings
- highly stressed structures
- innovative manufacturing methods, e.g. additive manufacturing
- joining technologies, e.g. bonding, welding
for machine and plant engineering, energy and environmental technology as well as aerospa
As part of the Energy and Environment profile (EnEn), the IMPE offers in-depth courses on the following topics:
Development of procedures for
- catalysts - development and application
- renewable energy sources
- energy storage
- fuel treatment
- process gases for fuel cells
The central modules (context modules CM, fundamental theoretical principles FTP and technical scientific modules TSM) can be found in the module browser.
Information events and application
Registrations for the autumn semester (starting in September) are possible from the beginning of February until the end of April. For the spring semester of the next year (starting in February) from the beginning of August until the end of October.
- General: 08.04.2021, 17.30 - 19.00
- Medical Engineering: 12.04.2021, 17.00 - 18.00
- Photonics: 13.04.2021, 17.00 - 18.00
- Visit our institutes and centers (2/3/2021 - 4/22/2021, 11:45 - 12-45).