Digital Health for parents facing language and cultural access barriers to the Swiss health system
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Jessica Pehlke-Milde
- Co-project leader : Prof. Dr. Julia Dratva, Prof. Dr. Daniela Händler-Schuster, Mandy Scheermesser, Prof. Christina Schulze
- Project team : Prof. Dr. Mirjam Eser Davolio, Prof. Dr. Ulla Kleinberger, Irina Radu, Dr. Martina Spiess, Dr. Annina Zysset, Prof. Dr. Agnes von Wyl
- Project status : ongoing
- Funding partner : Internal (ZHAW Forschungsschwerpunkt «Gesellschaftliche Integration»)
- Contact person : Jessica Pehlke-Milde
The goal of this project is the systematic and evidence based development of digital health care services for expecting parents and parents of infants, who are disadvantaged in the health care context of maternity care, nursing, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and pediatric care, because of language or cultural barriers.
As a reference point for the development of digitally based
health care, we will use the Model for the Development and
Evaluation of Complex Interventions by Craig et al (2008). These
complex interventions comprise several mutually dependent and
interacting measures and components, which are developed
systematically, with the help of theoretical analyses and
With this research project, we aim to create a basis for the development of complex interventions, which would increase the health literacy of expecting parents, or parents of infants.