PiFoBake: Particel stabilized foams with high mechanical and thermal resiliance for the application in baked goods from non-wheat raw materials
At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Nadina Müller
- Co-project leader : Tamara Schmid
- Project team : Dr. Mathias Kinner, Pius Meier, Patrick Näf, Ramona Rüegg
- Project budget : CHF 254'424
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Innosuisse (Innovationsprojekt / Projekt-Nr. 40583.1 IP-LS)
- Contact person : Nadina Müller
Optimised properties of gluten free baked goods will be achieved through the formation of a foamed pre-mix stabilized with particles (pickering foam) and, thus, highly resistant against shear and temperature. This pre-mix is in a second step mixed with the other bread ingredients, kneaded and baked.
Journal of Food Science and Technology.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-023-05794-0
LWT - Food Science and Technology.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2022.113859