Digital Parent Advisor
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Julia Dratva
- Project team : Dr. Isabel Baumann, Rebecca Jaks, Sibylle Juvalta, Dominik Robin, Dr. Susanne Stronski Huwiler
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Foundation (Schweizerische Akademie der Medizinischen Wissenschaften, SAMW (Käthe-Zingg-Schwichtenberg-Fonds))
- Contact person : Julia Dratva
Parents and particularly young mothers increasingly use the internet to obtain information about child health and child development. In Switzerland there are no data on the prevalence of parents' use of digital information sources related to child health and development. Most importantly, in Switzerland as well as internationally, there is a lack of data on patterns of use and understanding of how child health information obtained via digital media and social networks influences the interaction of parents with their pediatrician. It is crucial to close this research gap as, on one hand, digital health information has the potential to improve parents' health literacy and, on the other hand, pedi-atricians and parents need to deal with possible anxiety and misunderstandings invoked by the infor-mation and with the differing quality of the online contents.
Open Data and Downloads
- Robin, Dominik; Baumann, Isabel; Jaks, Rebecca; Juvalta, Sibylle; Dratva, Julia, 2019. Parental digital media behaviour when searching for information on children’s health in Switzerland. Verfügbar Harvard Dataverse: https://doi.org/10.7910/DVN/JI9GIJ.