Vegetation Ecology Research Group
Vegetation is a central component of nearly any ecosystem. Thus, it plays a central role in nature conservation, environmental planning and land management. The species composition at a site allows inferring the prevailing environmental conditions, which makes vegetation an important ecological indicator that can be assessed relatively easily. The Vegetation Ecology Research Group conducts research in various habitats in Switzerland and internationally. The methods applied range from classical field botany and phytosociology to modern statistical methods and ecoinformatics.
- Identification of vascular plants, bryophytes and lichens
- Vegetation mapping and phytosociological analyses
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of conservation measures for species and habitats
- Set-up and utilization of vegetation-plot databases for conservation, vegetation classification and biodiversity research
- Modern statistical analysis of ecological datasets
- Teaching of vegetation analysis and field botany at basic and advanced levels and in continuous learning
No news available.