Careers after bachelor's degree Mechanical Engineering
As a front runner of the Swiss export industry, mechanical engineering companies are among the most important employers and offer a wide range of job opportunities.
Engineers with a general degree in Mechanical Engineering can choose from a wide range of career opportunities upon completion of their studies. The skills previously mastered will enable you to take on responsible tasks within a very short time.
- You will develop and design innovative products or commission new systems.
- You will be responsible for the design of machines and processes as well as for manufacturing and production.
- Your tests, measurements and simulations will lead to new, efficient and energy-saving processes.
- You will support customers at a global level in solving their tasks and will sell complex technical products.
- As a project leader you will be in charge of management tasks.
Most graduates will find a suitable career start very quickly. The median starting salary is CHF 85,000.The chosen industry and specialty play an important role. Overall, the salary spectrum for engineers ranges between CHF 92,000 and 145,000 per year, depending on the industry, the area of activity, the hierarchy level and age. (Source: salaries for engineers and architects, special supplement Swiss Engineering, Sept. 2020).