6th European COST Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance
We would like to welcome you to the «6th European COST Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance», hosted by the Institute of Applied Mathematics and Physics (IAMP) and the Institute of Data Analysis and Process Design (IDP) at the School of Engineering, and the Institute of Wealth & Asset Management (IWA) at the School of Management and Law of the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW) in Winterthur, Switzerland.
Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance (6th European COST Conference on AI in Industry and Finance in Switzerland)
September 9, 2021, 12:30-17:15 - Online Conference
- Conference Date: Thursday, September 9, 2021
- Conference Location: online
- Conference Topics: Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance
- Conference Flyer
- Conference Program
- Program booklet
- Related Journal: "Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence" (PDF 266,5 KB)
- Funding: This conference is funded by the Innosuisse (Swiss Innovation Agency) Networking Event Series, and is an event in the Networking Event Series – Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance.
The aim of this conference is to bring together academics, young researchers, students and industrial practitioners to discuss the application of Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance.
The 1st COST Conference was held on September 15, 2016, the 2nd COST Conference was held on September 7, 2017, the 3rd COST Conference was held on September 6, 2018, the 4th AI Conference was held on September 5, 2019, and the 5th COST Conference was held on September 3, 2020.
- Artificial Intelligence in Finance: Artificial Intelligence and Fintech challenges for the banking and insurance industry
- Artificial Intelligence in Industry: Artificial Intelligence challenges for companies from the mechanical and electrical industry, but also life sciences.
- Regulatory Technology in Finance: This session is devoted to the use of modern technology for the automation of regulatory reporting in finance.
- Ethical Questions in Artificial Intelligence: Issues arising in AI applications such as trust, explainability, neutrality, responsibility, moral consequences of algorithmic decisions.
Dr. Alessandro Curioni, Director of the IBM Research Lab in Zurich
In 2017, 2018, and 2019, we had around 200 participants, both from Academia and Industry. The 2019 instalment of the AI conference also saw a large number of international guests and speakers, travelling to Switzerland from destinations such as the UK, Germany, the United States and Bulgaria. In 2020, we had around 350 online participants and speakers from all around the world.
The largest proportion of participants will come from the industry complemented by a significant number of academic researchers. This mirrors our unique approach of connecting the academic world to their respective fields of application, putting new exciting concepts to work in industrial frameworks, where they can open up new opportunities.
- Warm-up: 12:30-13:00
- Welcome: 13:00-13:10
- Keynote: 13:10-13:40
- Break: 13:40-14:00
- Thematic Sessions Part 1: 14:00-15:00. AI in Finance, AI in Industry, RegTech, Ethics
- Break: 15:00-15:30
- Thematic Sessions Part 2: 15:30-16:30. AI in Finance, AI in Industry, RegTech, Ethics, Best practice/use cases
- Break: 16:30-16:45
- Final panel: 16:45-17:15
Please register here for the «6th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance».