5th European COST Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Finance and Industry
We would like to welcome you to the «5th European COST Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Finance and Industry», hosted by the Institute of Applied Mathematics and Physics (IAMP) and the Institute of Data Analysis and Process Design (IDP) at the School of Engineering (SoE), and the Departement of Banking, Finance, Insurance at the School of Management and Law (SML) at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW) in Winterthur, Switzerland.
Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance (5th European Conference on Mathematics for Industry in Switzerland)
September 3, 2020, 12:30-17:30 - Online Conference
Information at a glance
- Conference Date: Thursday, September 3, 2020
- Conference Location: online
- Conference Topics: Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance
- Conference Flyer
- Conference Program
- Program booklet
- Related Journal: "Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence" (PDF 266,5 KB)
Aim of the conference
The aim of this conference is to bring together European academics, young researchers, students and industrial practitioners to discuss the application of Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance.
The 1st COST Conference was held on September 15, 2016, the 2nd COST Conference was held on September 7, 2017, the 3rd COST Conference was held on September 6, 2018, and the 4th AI Conference was held on September 5, 2019.
All lectures are open to the public. Registration is now open.
Please register here for the «5th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance».
- Artificial Intelligence in Finance: Artificial Intelligence and Fintech challenges for the European banking and insurance industry
- Artificial Intelligence in Industry: Artificial Intelligence challenges for European companies from the mechanical and electrical industry, but also life sciences.
- Big Data and Automation in Finance: This session is devoted to the use of Big Data and Fintech technologies in the ongoing process of automation in the financial industry.
- Ethical Questions in Artificial Intelligence: Issues arising in AI applications such as trust, explainability, neutrality, responsibility, moral consequences of algorithmic decisions.
In 2017, 2018, and 2019, we have had around 200 participants, both from Academia and Industry. The latest instalment of the AI conference also saw a large number of international guests and speakers, travelling to Switzerland from destinations such as the UK, Germany, the United States and Bulgaria.
The largest proportion of participants will come from the industry complemented by a significant number of academic researchers. This mirrors our unique approach of connecting the academic world to their respective fields of application, putting new exciting concepts to work in industrial frameworks, where they can open up new opportunities.
- Warm-up: 12:30-13:00
- Welcome: 13:00-13:10
- Keynote: 13:10-14:00
- Break: 14:00-14:30
- Thematic Sessions 1: 14:00-15:00
- Break: 15:00-15:30
- Thematic Sessions 2: 15:30-16:30
- Break: 16:30-17:00
- Closing: 17:00-17:30