4th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Finance and Industry
We would like to welcome you to the «4th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Finance and Industry», hosted by the Institute of Applied Mathematics and Physics (IAMP) and the Institute of Data Analysis and Process Design (IDP) at the School of Engineering (SoE), and the Departement of Banking, Finance, Insurance at the School of Management and Law (SML) at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW) in Winterthur, Switzerland.
Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance (4th European Conference on Mathematics for Industry in Switzerland)
September 5, 2019, 9:30-17:45 - ZHAW Winterthur, Technikumstrasse 71, 8401 Winterthur
Information at a glance
- Conference Date: Thursday, September 5, 2019
- Conference Location: ZHAW Winterthur, Technikumstrasse 71, 8401 Winterthur, Eulachpassage (TN)
- Conference Topics: Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance
- Conference Flyer (PDF 341,9 KB)
- Related Journal: "Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence" (PDF 266,5 KB)
Aim of the conference
The aim of this conference is to bring together European academics, young researchers, students and industrial practitioners to discuss the application of Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance.
All lectures are open to the public. Registration will be open from March 5, 2019.
- Smart Maintenance Conference 2019 (September 3, 2019, Zürich)
- 3. Konferenz Perspektiven mit Industrie 4.0 (September 4, 2019, Winterthur)
- Research Workshop on Credit Risk in P2P Lending Platforms (September 3, 2019, Winterthur)
- RegTech Workshop on AI in Finance (September 4, 2019, Winterthur)
- Artificial Intelligence in Finance: Artificial Intelligence and Fintech challenges for the European banking and insurance industry
- Artificial Intelligence in Industry: Artificial Intelligence challenges for European companies from the mechanical and electrical industry, but also life sciences.
- Big Data and Automation in Finance: This session is devoted to the use of Big Data and Fintech technologies in the ongoing process of automation in the financial industry.
- Ethical Questions in Artificial Intelligence (co-hosted by the Swiss Alliance for Data-Intensive Services): Issues arising in AI applications such as trust, explainability, neutrality, responsability, moral consequences of algorithmic decisions.
Artificial Intelligence in Finance
Artificial Intelligence in Industry
Special Session "Big Data and Automation in Finance"
Special session "Ethical Questions in Artificial Intelligence"
In September 2017 and 2018, we have had around 200 participants, both from Academia and Industry. The latest installment of the COST conference also saw a large number of international guests and speakers, travelling to Switzerland from destinations such as the UK, Germany, the United States and Bulgaria.
The largest proportion of participants will come from the industry complemented by a significant number of academic researchers. This mirrors our unique approach of connecting the academic world to their respective fields of application, putting new exciting concepts to work in industrial frameworks, where they can open up new opportunities.
- Registration, Znüni: 08:30-09:30
- Welcome: 09:30-09:40
- Keynote: 09:40-10:30
- Coffee: 10:30-11:00
- Thematic Sessions 1: 11:00-12:30
- Lunch: 12:30-14:00
- Thematic Sessions 2: 14:00-15:30
- Coffee: 15:30-16:00
- Thematic Sessions 3: 16:00-17:00
- Apéro Riche: 17:00
Please register here for the «4rd European Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance».
The conference venue is situated at a walking distance from the station.
Travel to ZHAW School of Engineering, Winterthur
From the Zürich airport local transport brings you to the centre of Winterthur in just 20 minutes.
The conference takes place in a short walking distance to the train station. Numerous hotels in the immediate vicinity will ensure a pleasant stay in Winterthur
The trains run as often as every 15 to 20 minutes from Zürich Airport and Zürich City and take about 15 minutes to arrive in Winterthur.
From the main railway-station, the conference location can be reached within a walking distance of less than 5 minutes.