Quick navigation

Main navigation

Staff mobility

Staff exchanges

Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen (NL)

Do you want to strengthen your international network, brush up on your language skills, or immerse yourself in day to day work in a foreign culture? As employees of the ZHAW Wädenswil, you have the opportunity to complete a temporary stay abroad at a partner university of applied sciences.

The ZHAW views internationally mobile employees as drivers of university internationalisation and knowledge transfer. Our school supports periods abroad for lecturers, research assistants, and assistants as well as administrative, technical and operational employees. Reciprocal international exchanges are not only a key element for quality in administration, teaching and research, but also a key component in the promotion of student mobility and the internationalisation of curricula, which is exemplified by such international exchanges. As an employee you can profit from an exchange at various levels: personal and institutional networking, sharing of professional and organisational experience, and insights into other academic cultures.

Possible Activities

Depending on your position at the ZHAW and the opportunities offered by our partner universities, you have several opportunities for exchanges, including:

  • Guest lectureships for university staff (Staff Teaching Assignment STA) at partner universities
  • Training of university staff abroad (Staff Training STT)
  • International conferences, network meetings, events (excluding conferences)
  • Study trips and summer schools

    Requirements for SEMP grants

    In order for the staff mobility to be supported with grants from the Swiss European Mobility Programme (SEMP), a valid SEMP cooperation agreement between the institutions is a prerequisite. Here you will find the list of our partner universities. A lectureship includes at least eight hours of instruction and, as with a training course, is for a duration of between two days and two months.


    Contact the International Relations Office (IRO) and ask for SEMP request documents. Submit your documentation to the IRO three months before the lectureship or training (incoming/outgoing).The application will be examined by the IRO, and approved or rejected. The IRO will then inform you about how to proceed and the SEMP documents that need to be completed.