Number and structure of occupational therapy workplaces, in Switzerland
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Brigitte Gantschnig
- Deputy of project leader : Thomas Michael Ballmer
- Project team : Selina Marita Egger, Prof. Dr. Christina Schulze, Ines Wenger
- Project status : ongoing
- Funding partner : Foundation (Stiftung für Ergotherapie Zürich)
- Project partner : ErgotherapeutInnen-Verband Schweiz EVS, Haute école spécialisée de Suisse occidentale HES-SO, Scuola universitaria professionale della Svizzera italiana SUPSI
- Contact person : Brigitte Gantschnig
The knowledge of the number and structure of occupational therapy workplaces in Switzerland has national and international significance. Nationally, in terms of workplace planning. Workplace planning is the process of analyzing, forecasting and planning the work force, identifying gaps, taking various measures to ensure that organizations have the right number of workers, with the right skills, in the right place at the right time. This is of great importance for the planning of training places and contents of curricula. Work force planning is never an exact science, especially since it is often based on incomplete data and assumptions and needs to model scenarios for the future. It is important to involve different stakeholders and experts. Nevertheless, work force knowledge is powerful in terms of planning student places, meeting clients' needs, and education and health policy. The aim of the study is to collect information on the number and structure of occupational therapy workplaces, in Switzerland. The study is a cross-sectional study with a quantitative study design.
2021(8), pp. 16-19.