Comprehensive Sales Forecasting for Supply Chain Optimization in Food Industry
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Thomas Ott
- Project team : Marc Blume, Prof. Dr. Oliver Christ, Dr. Stefan Glüge, Sandro Graf, Marco Schmid, Dr. Martin Schüle, Hannes Schüle, Erich Zbinden
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : CTI
- Project partner : Inform, BINA, Denner, Genosschenchaft Migros Zürich, Prognosix AG
- Contact person : Thomas Ott
The main objective of the project was a significant improvement
of sales forecasting algorithms with an application focus on food
industry and retail, where food waste and stock-out situations are
challenging for the planning process. The main product of the
project is an intelligent planning software, whose algorithms can
learn equally from data (historical data as well as external data
sources such as weather forecasts) and human experience.
The software is distributed and further developed through the spin-off Prognosix.