Comprehensive Sales Forecasting for Supply Chain Optimization in Food Industry
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Thomas Ott
- Project team : Marc Blume, Prof. Dr. Oliver Christ, Dr. Stefan Glüge, Sandro Graf, Marco Schmid, Dr. Martin Schüle, Hannes Schüle, Erich Zbinden
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : CTI
- Project partner : INFORM, Bischofszell Nahrungsmittel AG, Denner AG, Genossenschaft Migros Zürich, Prognosix AG
- Contact person : Thomas Ott
The main objective of the project was a significant improvement of sales forecasting algorithms with an application focus on food industry and retail, where food waste and stock-out situations are challenging for the planning process. The main product of the project is an intelligent planning software, whose algorithms can learn equally from data (historical data as well as external data sources such as weather forecasts) and human experience.The software is distributed and further developed through the spin-off Prognosix.
Braschler, Martin; Stadelmann, Thilo; Stockinger, Kurt, eds.,
Applied data science : lessons learned for the data-driven business.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-11821-1_20