Prof. Adrian Fassbind
Work at ZHAW
Head, Teamleiter Machines
Position at the ZHAW
Lecturer for Product Development, Teamleiter Machines
Education and Continuing education
Expertise and research interests
- Broad and cross-industry experience in the development of capital goods from the idea to the production stage.
- CAD experience: Medusa, ProE, CATIA V5, 3D Experience
- Specialist in the development of complex mechanical systems, non-linear gears, cam discs, coupling gears, etc.
-KTI / Innosuisse:
* 2020-2021: ratioX
* 2018-2019: "Gluepack"
* 2014-2017: Development of a novel measuring device
* 2012-2013: Development of a novel measuring device
* 2010-2012: development of a gait trainer for neurorehabilitation.
2018-2019: Development of a device for automatic application of NFC tags.
2009: Recalculation and preparation of an expert report for a snow blower gearbox
2007: Development and design of a new suspension system for fixing insulation mats for the construction industry.
-Project and bachelor theses:
* Development of an experience box for demented people
* Development of a new reel for municipal vehicles
* Development of a vibration dosing device
* Automation of an adhesive spraying nozzle for punch packaging
* Development of a fully hydraulic quick-change system for light construction machinery
* Development of a centrifuge robot
* Development of a transfer robot for ice cream production, part 2.
* Development of a novel dosing device
* Development of a prosthesis for a child
* Development of a testing device for special gears
* Further development of a wood gasifier together with the ICP.
* Development of a transfer robot for ice cream production, part 1
* Development of a beer bottling machine for SMEs
* Development of a new flap mechanism for mixers
* Further development of the digital twin "Poppy
* Development of a transfer standing device for paraplegics together with Dep. G
* Development of a device to test the cutting ability of surgical tools.
* Development of a wood gasifier together with the ICP.
* Development of a new brake testing device for SBB
* Development of a new type of grinder
* Development of a mesh welding machine
* New development of an assembly tool incl. sensor
* New development of a grinding device
* Further development of an unloading device for harbour cranes
* New development of a brake testing device for rail vehicles
* New development of a quick-action clamping device for construction vehicles
* Basic study for furniture fittings
* New development of an automatic welding device
* Development of a wheel drive for ship unloading cranes
* Further development of an experimental wood gasifier
* Development of a power-heat composite system
* Development of a novel operating tool
* Device for changing wear parts in a production machine
* Further development of an experimental wood gasifier
* Development and construction of a hoist for food processing machines
* Examination unit for medical purposes
* Novel surgical tool
* Development of a wheel drive for loading and unloading stations
* Developments constructions in the field of food processing machinery
* Basic development for cutting processes of recycled material
* Development and construction of an aluminium profile polishing machine
* Development and construction of an experimental wood gasifier together with ICP
* Preliminary study for a new type of non-return valve for the food industry
* Development and design of a PET processing machine together with the IMS
* Development and design of a hoist for food processing machinery.
* Development of a filter module for packaging machines.
* Development and design of a filling machine for the food industry
* Development and design of a special tool for installers
* Further development of an ABS ceramic 3D printer. BA was awarded the "Sulzer Prize".
* Development of a hole punching module for the graphic industry
* Development and construction of a device for loading and unloading mobile toilets
* Development and construction of a filter application machine for mushroom substrate processing
* Balancing and bending machine for automatic processing of torches
* Development and construction of a balancer for marine diesel engines
* New design of a lifting device for the graphic industry.
* Development of a therapeutic device for neurological rehabilitation incl. prototype construction. BA was awarded the Rheinmetall Prize (www.rheinmetall-defence.com).
* Development of a valve
* Development of a solar vehicle
* Development of a handling device for the automotive industry
* Development of a special machine for graphic engineering
* Design of a packaging machine for mushroom production
* Development of a 3D ABS ceramic printer
* Development of an autonomous lawn mower
* Development and design of a 4-wheel recumbent bicycle
* Test device for dynamic stabilisation system Elaspine
* New development of an automatic boring head for machining tools
* Analysis and redesign of a pressure beam for graphic machines
* New development of a cover for heaters
* New development of a special gearbox
* Redesign and cost optimisation of an underframe of a tilting table for medical technology.
* New development of a therapeutic device for neurological rehabilitation.
* Development and design of a multi-part running ring for cement rotary kilns. Prototype commissioning at Holcim in spring 2008.
from 2006: Lecturer at the ZHAW-IPP, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Energy Technology and Aviation (MEA)
1991-2006: Müller Martini AG, 8552 Felben: Development and design engineer, project manager, group leader, development manager
1990-1991: Micafil AG, 8048 Zurich: Development and Design Engineer
2019/2020: CAS Higher Education Didactics
2016: Sabbatical at QUST / CDTF in Qingdao (CN) as visiting professor
1994-1995: Postgraduate studies in industrial engineering STV at the Kaderschule St. Gallen, specialising in procurement and production logistics
1986-1989: Technical College Winterthur, specialising in mechanical engineering, graduated as Dipl. Masch. Ing. HTL
1982-1986: Apprenticeship as mechanical draughtsman at BBC- Oerlikon
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Membership of networks
- Feasibility study seat scan / Project leader / Project completed
- Development of an automatic bicycle transmission for e-bikes / Project leader / Project completed
- Parking Guidance System / Project leader / Project completed
- Gluepack / Project leader / Project completed
- Ball jack: Handhärteprüfer für Tennisbälle / Project leader / Project completed
- Smartboard / Project leader / Project completed
- Additive Manufacturing of Ceramics by Composite Microextrusion / Project co-leader / Project completed
- Innovative approach of a hybrid precision load cell / Project leader / Project completed
Müller, Stephan; Fuchs, Michael, eds.,
Proceedings of the ICPS19 : 5th international conference on polygeneration strategies.
ICPS19 - 5th International Conference on Polygeneration Strategies, Vienna, 18-20 November 2019.
Verein zur Förderung zukunftsfähiger Energietechnik auf Basis der Polygenerationsstrategie aus Biomasse.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.21256/zhaw-19154
Penner, Dirk; Fassbind, Adrian; Henke, René; Mauchle, Stéphane; de Hazan, Yoram,
Ceramic Forum International.
94(3-4), pp. 62-65.
Fassbind, Adrian; Klamroth-Marganska, Verena,
Wissens- und Technologietransfer der Fachhochschulen, FHNW, Olten, 3. November 2021.
Publications before appointment at the ZHAW
Siemens Excellence Award, Holzvergaser, 2014
STZ, Intelligente Mechanik hilft auf die Beine, 05/2015
STZ, Prozess optimieren, Kosten senken, 05/2016
Zeitschrift cfi, Additive Manufacturing of Ceramics by
Composite Microextrusion, 03/2017