Development of analytical methods specific to aquaculture
At a glance
- Project leader : Susanne Kern, Luca Regazzoni
- Deputy of project leader : Dominik Refardt
- Project team : Lucien Bion, Sophia Egloff, Beatrice Kulli Honauer, Alexander Mistretta, Nathalie Pfister, Fridolin Tschudi
- Project budget : 40'000
- Project status : ongoing
- Funding partner : Internal
- Contact person : Luca Regazzoni
The aim of this project is to establish and further develop analytical methods specific to aquaculture so that they can be used in future projects. The methods to be established are:
- Trace analysis for off-flavour detection: an existing method for measuring geosmin and 2-MIB in water samples (using HS-SPME-GC/MS) and in fish meat (extraction with ASE, concentration of the sample and subsequent measurement with GC/MS) will be established. In a second step, the methods will be further developed to simplify the measurement process and achieve an improved determination of the analytes (sample preparation, use of new internal standards, etc.).
- Detection of various organic compounds in the inflow and outflow of denitrification reactors (e.g. acetic acid with IC)
- FlowCam analytics etc.
The finally established methods are documented and summarised as SOPs.