Implementation of aquaponic technology in Kunming, China: Construction of prototype for cultivation of fish and vegetables
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Ranka Junge
- Deputy of project leader : Zala Schmautz
- Project team : Alex Mathis, Boris Pasini, Fridolin Tschudi, Rui Wu
- Project budget : CHF 19'400
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Federal government
- Project partner : Yunnan Swissino Agriculture Technology Ltd.
- Contact person : Ranka Junge
This project proposes to introduce the Aquaponic technology (AP)
to China’s urban population.
The objective is to devise AP systems suitable for efficient food production on smallest surfaces, which will be implemented in urban areas. Two solutions should be developed: (i) a prototype greenhouse facility for the partner company Swissino Agriculture Technology Ltd which will allow testing of different set-ups, and (ii) a domestic, in-house model, to allow vegetables cultivation of vegetables (like salads) within the apartments or on balconies.